Yankee's offer C.C. $140 million

El Guapo

Pretty sad state of affairs when baseball appears to be turning into the sport for the elite wealthy.

Not necessarily. In baseball, unlike the NFL/NBA/NHL, you can have a payroll 1/10 of another team, yet still be better. If it were only a sport for the wealthy, the Yankees would be winning the WS every year.

Since when do the other sports' biggest payrolls win championships?? The Patriots have always been letting people go and replacing them to get below the cap, the Spurs havent been big spenders, they just have their core...the NHL i couldnt say cuz i dont watch it but still, you have a moot point by saying "other sports" since the other sports HAVE a cap lol

Pretty sad state of affairs when baseball appears to be turning into the sport for the elite wealthy.

Not necessarily. In baseball, unlike the NFL/NBA/NHL, you can have a payroll 1/10 of another team, yet still be better. If it were only a sport for the wealthy, the Yankees would be winning the WS every year.

Since when do the other sports' biggest payrolls win championships?? The Patriots have always been letting people go and replacing them to get below the cap, the Spurs havent been big spenders, they just have their core...the NHL i couldnt say cuz i dont watch it but still, you have a moot point by saying "other sports" since the other sports HAVE a cap lol

In the NFL/NBA/NHL, the largest seperation between payrolls is probably about $20 million, unlike $200 million in the MLB.

Sickening. This is why I despise the Yankees. They think they can just sit back, throw absurd amounts of money at big name free agents, and expect to win titles. They've done this for 8 years now, and there are no rings to show for it. Will they ever learn?

If they don't win the championship then its pretty easy to ignore such a poorly run organization.

But the fans buy into all the big name free agents and that's all the front office cares about is satisfying its fans and raking in the cash. If the Yankees didn't make offers to big name free agents than their front office would get crucified by their fans and the media as being cheap. Basically, they started down this road and have no choice but to continue.

I dont know if I would go that far. They made the playoffs 13 times in a row or something like that before this year. In the past 10 years or so they've made the world series 4 times. With some big signings they can become favorites right away.

For the Yankees, anything but a title is a failure. No one there is happy with just making the playoffs.

Thats fine, but you said they were a poorly run organization. I dont like the yankees at all. However, I would swap the marlins situation with their situation any day of the week.

It IS poorly run. They have no plan. They just go after the biggest names whether if they actually fit or not. They win on talent alone not because they know what they are doing.

back on topic of the mindset of CC. I think he said that money would not be the number one factor in his decision. I like CC but this will test whether I continue to like him b/c he is in a position now to look really good or really bad. If he chooses the yankees and their big $$$$ he looks like a hypocrit and if he spurn their offer, he looks like a hero that sticks by his word and money isnt the only important thing. Lets face it, the guy is gonna be filthy rich either way but it will be a matter of personal values that determines what type of guy he is.