Congratulations to the Champions of College Football..

The_Godfather

FIU and FAU would be close to .500 teams in the Mountain West. The would both get slaughtered in the Pac 10, ACC, Big East and Big Ten.

You are kidding me right? an FAU team that went 6-6 in the Sun Belt and an FIU team that went 5-7?

FAU beat: UAB(4-8), Western Kentucky (FCS transition team) (2-10;0-10 vs FBS schools), Louisiana-Monroe (4-8), North Texas (1-11), Louisiana-Lafayette (6-6), FIU(5-7)

Also, Utah according Massey much better than Sagarin shows them with a 36 SOS.

Again look at conference rankings (M-Ratings the average of the following polls: Ashburn

Massey MOV Wilson Sagarin Predictor Sport Theory

Sorensen Dolphin Rothman Sagarin-Elo Wolfe

Sauceda Dokter Dolphin Pred Markov FCS Coaches Poll

Ashburn BCSC Massey BCS Gindin Round Robin Win % CSL

Pugh Sagarin Claassen Born Real Time RPI

Rates all conferences as so:

SEC

Big 12

MWC

ACC

Big East

Pac-10

Big 10

WAC

C-USA

I-FBS Indies

CAA

Big Sky

SoCon

Southland

Sun Belt

Great West

Missouri Valley

MAC

Big South

Patriot

Ivy League

Northeast

Ohio Valley

SWAC

MEAC

DI-FCS Indies

The Big 12 offenses are good becuase their defense is bad. SEC offenses didn't put up Big 12 numbers due to the great defense in the SEC.

You didn't prove this statement at all... strictly a matter of your opinion

Also, Greco prettu much proves how worth Utah is...

You're talking about "hating" and "jealousy" but you're clearly the most blind person in this conversation. You're so quick to be a "UF IS AWESOME, YUP!" that you're not willing to consider other teams are better.

I'm willing to bet anything that you contended UF should have been over undefeated Texas Tech? Or even undefeated Alabama? Wake up and smell the coffee... UF is the second best team that got awarded first place because of reputation and "OMGTebow" and the "OMGSEC"

Texas Tech, yes. Bama, no. If Bama went undefeated, they woulda been the SEC champ. UF is the best team in the nation because they beat the last 2 #1 teams to earn that role. If you haven't guessed by now, I was exaggerating by saying that FAU is on par with Utah. I guess I have to spell everything out clearly for the people that want to pick a bone.

Texas Tech, yes. Bama, no. If Bama went undefeated, they woulda been the SEC champ. UF is the best team in the nation because they beat the last 2 #1 teams to earn that role.

If 'Bama went undefeated that means that they would have beat UF... which basically means you're saying the only way to become NC is to beat UF.

Bias irrefutably concluded... all your arguments are now weakened... thanks for playing

Texas Tech, yes. Bama, no. If Bama went undefeated, they woulda been the SEC champ. UF is the best team in the nation because they beat the last 2 #1 teams to earn that role.

If 'Bama went undefeated that means that they would have beat UF... which basically means you're saying the only way to become NC is to beat UF.

Bias irrefutably concluded... all your arguments are now weakened... thanks for playing

This is how I prove it PWG.

Bradford: Big 12 opponent defenses ranked an average of 88.3 nationally.

McCoy: Big 12 opponent defenses ranked an average of 86.9 nationally.

Tebow: SEC opponent defenses ranked an average of 26.2 nationally.

Which indicates why the Big 12 had such high offensive stats.

This year, yes. An SEC rep had to play for the title for it to be legit this year. Since UF made it to the SEC title game, and then to the BCS title game, of course the champ had to go through UF to claim the National Champ.

An SEC rep had to play for the title for it to be legit this year.

Where in the hell do you pull this sh*t out of???

Easy. Alabama was the #1 team in the nation for how many weeks? If they didn't play for the title, it was going to be UF. Outside of the Big 12 and SEC, there wasn't a legit contender.

SEC plays mostly against SEC, ergo, weaker offenses benefiting defenses... Big 12 mostly plays Big 12, ergo, same principle...

That doesn't prove it. That just says that the SEC had better defenses overall despite playing within the division that, as I'm trying to show, would support that.

Let's use a hypothetical NFL example. If your in a division with 4 other really sucky teams... and you have to play them 2x each... you're probably gonna reel off 8 wins right there and put up big numbers offensively and defensively. So that's half your schedule right there artificially inflating everything you do.

So if the SEC has some craptastic offenses and the defenses are (at the very least) decent... what do you think the result is going to be? Same for the Big 12... if a team has to face TTU, UT and OU (and KU et al) and they're gonna put up offensive numbers... the defenses aren't going to put up good numbers.

You're ignoring this by showing me rankings, but ignoring the fact that the rankings are skewed

Easy. Alabama was the #1 team in the nation for how many weeks? If they didn't play for the title, it was going to be UF. Outside of the Big 12 and SEC, there wasn't a legit contender.

I think USC has something to say about that...

Looking ahead at 2009

9-5-08 CHARLESTON SOUTHERN W

9-12-08 TROY W

9-19-08 TENNESSEE L

9-26-08 at Kentucky W

10-10-08 at Louisiana State L

10-17-08 ARKANSAS W

10-24-08 at Mississippi State W

10-31-08 vs. Georgia @Jacksonville, FL L

11-7-08 VANDERBILT W

11-14-08 at South Carolina L

11-21-08 FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL W

11-28-08 FLORIDA STATE W

4 losses next year.

MillerTime why even argue back? At the end of the day who will be rememebered Utah or UF? Who goes down as the national champs? No point of saying anything, just let them be mad!

Lol, I wonder who your favorite school is. :rolleyes:

He is right whether he is a Gator fan or not the history books will show the Gators as the National Champions . People can be mad at the system all they want but the fact is the Gators won the title game and have the National Championship trophy .

SEC plays mostly against SEC, ergo, weaker offenses benefiting defenses... Big 12 mostly plays Big 12, ergo, same principle...

That doesn't prove it. That just says that the SEC had better defenses overall despite playing within the division that, as I'm trying to show, would support that.

Let's use a hypothetical NFL example. If your in a division with 4 other really sucky teams... and you have to play them 2x each... you're probably gonna reel off 8 wins right there and put up big numbers offensively and defensively. So that's half your schedule right there artificially inflating everything you do.

So if the SEC has some craptastic offenses and the defenses are (at the very least) decent... what do you think the result is going to be? Same for the Big 12... if a team has to face TTU, UT and OU (and KU et al) and they're gonna put up offensive numbers... the defenses aren't going to put up good numbers.

You're ignoring this by showing me rankings, but ignoring the fact that the rankings are skewed

You're using circular logic to prove your point. This isn't solved without head to head matchups.

MillerTime why even argue back? At the end of the day who will be rememebered Utah or UF? Who goes down as the national champs? No point of saying anything, just let them be mad!

He is right whether he is a Gator fan or not the history books will show the Gators as the National Champions . People can be mad at the system all they want but the fact is the Gators won the title game and have the National Championship trophy .

:thumbup

Looking ahead at 2009

9-12-08 TROY W

9-19-08 TENNESSEE L

9-26-08 at Kentucky W

10-17-08 ARKANSAS W

11-7-08 VANDERBILT W

11-28-08 FLORIDA STATE W

4 losses next year.

Go with that thought.

Looking ahead at 2009

9-12-08 TROY W

9-19-08 TENNESSEE L

9-26-08 at Kentucky W

10-17-08 ARKANSAS W

11-7-08 VANDERBILT W

11-28-08 FLORIDA STATE W

4 losses next year.

You are joking right ? If not you do know Stafford and Moreno have declared for the draft? . If Tebow stays I am not predicting an undefeated season but they would be favored against every opponent .

Looking ahead at 2009

9-12-08 TROY W

9-19-08 TENNESSEE L

9-26-08 at Kentucky W

10-17-08 ARKANSAS W

11-7-08 VANDERBILT W

11-28-08 FLORIDA STATE W

4 losses next year.

Go with that thought.

sh*t I forgot the bowl game

12/31 Carquest Bowl vs Toledo Upset special.... L

5 losses

You're using circular logic to prove your point. This isn't solved without head to head matchups.

You don't realize that I just disarmed your offensive/defensive rankings argument with that... do you?

All that's left is SoS and records...

Records has been beaten to death... and using the "M-Ratings" system Greco brought in... Utah came from one of the top 3 conferences in football. So that means that they were certainly worthy of their praise. Ergo...

They're coming from a top 3 conference... they're the only unbeaten team in the country... and they beat a common opponent worse than UF did.

:thumbup

So we should all sit her with out metaphorical thumbs up our butts and be happy with the fact that the most deserving school was left out to dry? Utah may not be able to compete at this level next year... UF should... this may have robbed Utah of not only a National Championship, but also the recruiting bump that goes with it and probably their last best shot in a while... Great attitude.

Looking ahead at 2009

9-12-08 TROY W

9-19-08 TENNESSEE L

9-26-08 at Kentucky W

10-17-08 ARKANSAS W

11-7-08 VANDERBILT W

11-28-08 FLORIDA STATE W

4 losses next year.

You are joking right ? If not you do know Stafford and Moreno have declared for the draft? . If Tebow stays I am not predicting an undefeated season but they would be favored against every opponent .

Just had to put my 2 cents in here :) ..... Joe Cox is now the starting QB in Ga, all we need baby :notworthy (not a huge Stafford fan here, he over used his "canon arm" which made it more of a weakness than a strength. Losing knowshon hurts but we got RBs out the ass.

Dont overlook a hungry under-rated UGA team next season...

ps. saying they will be under rated next season, nothing about this season......