March 9, 200917 yr Matthew Lindstromenon looked like a phenomenon. Cantu and Amezega looked good in the first as well. I was getting tired of switching back and forth channels...
March 9, 200917 yr Amezaga homered! Cantu just grounded into a DP. I missed the Amezaga homer......... I was watching team USA score 4 runs. :banghead
March 9, 200917 yr That breaking stuff of Lindstrom changes everything. And it's only the first week of March.
March 9, 200917 yr That breaking stuff of Lindstrom changes everything. And it's only the first week of March. That sh*t was sick. Can't wait to see him close...(though I would personally rather him used in situations such as what he was used in today...in a true save situation)
March 9, 200917 yr Lindstrom has always had that breaking stuff. I still can't figure out why nobody seemed to think so, I always thought he had fantastic breaking pitches. The only thing he needed to improve on was his command, and showing those pitches a little earlier and a little more often (he did all of that tonight, and there's your results).
March 9, 200917 yr Lindstrom has always had that breaking stuff. I still can't figure out why nobody seemed to think so, I always thought he had fantastic breaking pitches. The only thing he needed to improve on was his command, and showing those pitches a little earlier and a little more often (he did all of that tonight, and there's your results). Agreed. I've been making the same argument for months. His slider is absolutely killer. Now, he might not have great command of it sometimes and not use it enough, he does have it.
March 9, 200917 yr Lindstrom has always had that breaking stuff. I still can't figure out why nobody seemed to think so, I always thought he had fantastic breaking pitches. The only thing he needed to improve on was his command, and showing those pitches a little earlier and a little more often (he did all of that tonight, and there's your results). Agreed. I've been making the same argument for months. His slider is absolutely killer. Now, he might not have great command of it sometimes and not use it enough, he does have it. Right on the money. As long as he does what he did tonight, he is going to have a great season. Show the slider early, let them know you have it. Show the change every once in a while. Kill 'em with the heat. He had them guessing tonight, evidenced by some check swings on the slider and a lot of foul balls.
March 9, 200917 yr Author Well, it was a pretty good showing overall today for the Fish. Hanley Ramirez did not start; he did, however, have a pinch-hit appearance. He went 0-1, but his team (Dominican Republic) avoids elimination as they defeat Panama, 9-0. Matt Lindstrom made his 1st appearance. He came in in the 4th inning with 2 outs and 2 men on with tough righty Melvin Mora up, and got Mora to ground out sharply to 3B to end the inning. More impressively, he came back for the 5th inning, and got Bobby Abreu to ground out slowly to 1B, got Miguel Cabrera to K on a very nice slider, and got Magglio Ordonez to pop out to SS. Lindstrom got the win, as the United States defeated Venezuela, 15-6, to receive an automatic bid to the 2nd round which will be played in Miami, at Dolphin Stadium. Alfredo Amezaga went 2-5 with a rare solo home run, while Jorge Cantu went 1-5 with a run scored; his only hit being a double. Team Mexico, however, was upset heavily, as they not only lost, but they couldn't finish the game due to the 10 run rule. Australia 17 Mexico 7...Final. Mexico will get its chance at retaliation as they will try to avoid elimination when they face South Africa tomorrow.
March 9, 200917 yr Here's a look at Lindstrom's pitch sequence against Miggie for those who missed it. His control still needs a little work, but there are still 4 weeks before the season starts for his command to come through. The pitches themselves look very nice.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.