Keeping track of the Marlins at the World Baseball Classic

Erick

Lindstrom hands down. He'll be going against some hardcore competition, so I am curious to see how he will hold up.

exactly....this can impact the entire season.

Not 100% agreeing. I don't really care all that much how he does during the competition as much as what he brings away from it. Let him learn a few things and then come back and let the "home" coaches work with him. It may be hot and heavy competition, but it's still basically ST for our guys.

Well, Hanley makes an error...but it just really shows how an error can be an overrated stat. If he lets that ball go, it's 3-0 Netherlands, anyways (same as it is now). Instead, he makes a GREAT stop...probably shouldn't have tried to play hero b/c he had no chance on the throw.

He's up for his 1st AB now, and he walked.

Well, Hanley makes an error...but it just really shows how an error can be an overrated stat. If he lets that ball go, it's 3-0 Netherlands, anyways (same as it is now). Instead, he makes a GREAT stop...probably shouldn't have tried to play hero b/c he had no chance on the throw.

He's up for his 1st AB now, and he walked.

It was nice seeing him lay off those outside pitches. Especially since they were off the plate.

It is worth noting that Hanley is the starting SS in the first game for DR while Tejada is playing 3B and Reyes is playing left bench.

Not the way I would've done it, but whatever.

I know why it was done though. Hanley nor Reyes want to play anything but SS and Alou was shocked by just how ridiculously bad Ortiz is at 1B so he put him as the DH, leaving one of Hanley or Reyes on the bench. He felt like picking the superior player for the opener.

It is worth noting that Hanley is the starting SS in the first game for DR while Tejada is playing 3B and Reyes is playing left bench.

They said it was for "defensive purposes" choosing Hanley over Reyes.

Who is "they"?

Let me rephrase.... ESPN analysts said it was for "defensive purposes". They (ESPN analysts) also said that Olivo was starting for "defensive purposes".