Fish look to trade for out of option high upside RH reliever

Nny

I know snark is the cool thing to do, especially with big smileys, but there haven't been too many examples of the Marlins trading pitchers or DFAing one and regretting it.

What about Yusmeiro Petit? Sure, he hasn't turned into a star, but he could have helped out a lot when we were struggling for depth.

It's still a silly idea to look to trade for a guy just like one you GAVE AWAY.

I know snark is the cool thing to do, especially with big smileys, but there haven't been too many examples of the Marlins trading pitchers or DFAing one and regretting it.

What about Yusmeiro Petit? Sure, he hasn't turned into a star, but he could have helped out a lot when we were struggling for depth.

It's still a silly idea to look to trade for a guy just like one you GAVE AWAY.

maybe there were other issues going on, maybe he wasn't a good teammate or not receptive to coaching, or no one else in the league wanted him?

Do you think they regret losing Petit? He is a #5 starter. I'm sure they would be fine with him if he were still on the team but I doubt Beinfest lies awake at night thinking about Petit as the one who got away.

And even if I concede Petit, he is one of probably a dozen or more pitchers who they released or traded who didn't amount to much that people probably griped about losing at the time. ZOMG Randy Messenger was traded!!! KILL BEINFEST. Doug Waechter is gone??? KILL BEINSFEST.

I'd guess Kevin Gregg will be the one this year we'll actually be missing.

I still bemoan the loss of Jesus Delgado. I know most on here had a "meh" attitude towards him, but I just don't think the Marlins ever gave him a chance. He had a great spring 2 yrs ago and should have earned a spot on the big club. Instead, they sent him down to AA and he's never been the same since. Remember, the Red Sox were grooming him to be their "closer of the Future" when we traded Josh and Mike.

Oh well.