9/6 Post Game

waxheaven

That magic number in the wildcard has to be wrong. We don't have a magic number, unless you're talking about the ones against us. Technically the Rockies could win every game, so there is no amount of games we could win in that case to win the WC.

The ones against us....any Marlins losses + Rockies wins drop the "magic number"....I guess I look at it as our "magic number" because if it reaches 0....we're eliminated....

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp

Good news, Phillies got swept. We are 6 games back with 6 games left vs the Phillies. Technically, we are once again in control of our own playoff chances.

We're not quite in control of our fate yet....while the Phillies are 6 games in front of us...they've played 2 fewer games and have 7 fewer losses....

Phillies 77-58

Marlins 72-65

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/

So if we would win out, and Philly wins out(except for the 6 losses to the Marlins), we would end up 1 game back when the dust settles....

Our "magic number" is currently 21 in the NL East race....20 in the Wild Card race....

...Damn, forgot about that one in the loss column...

Nunez made me forget all about Fredi's idiotic moves in the 8th.

BTW, it's really ironic how everyone wants Lindstrom to close, all of the sudden. Pretty funny. Knee-jerk reactions, FTW.

You know what else is funny? Leo Nunez can't even own up to a butt kicking. All the time Lindstrom was sucking it up he stayed after for the reporters and owned up to it. Nunez, after blowing a save in just 5 pitches, didn't talk to the media. Part of being the goat is owning up to what went wrong.

Here is something that you might like that makes Cody Ross one of my favorite players on the Marlins team. In Washington, when Lindstrom pitched the 7th inning, Cody Ross misread a fly ball into right field. After Matt got Ryan Zimmerman out Cody apologized for not catching that ball that dropped in front of him (the sun was in his face). Dan Uggla hasn't aplogized once for sucking while Matt has pitched (and he has done it plenty!). There is some inside stuff for you bro.

BTW, it's really ironic how everyone wants Lindstrom to close, all of the sudden. Pretty funny. Knee-jerk reactions, FTW.

You know what else is funny? Leo Nunez can't even own up to a butt kicking. All the time Lindstrom was sucking it up he stayed after for the reporters and owned up to it. Nunez, after blowing a save in just 5 pitches, didn't talk to the media. Part of being the goat is owning up to what went wrong.

Here is something that you might like that makes Cody Ross one of my favorite players on the Marlins team. In Washington, when Lindstrom pitched the 7th inning, Cody Ross misread a fly ball into right field. After Matt got Ryan Zimmerman out Cody apologized for not catching that ball that dropped in front of him (the sun was in his face). Dan Uggla hasn't aplogized once for sucking while Matt has pitched (and he has done it plenty!). There is some inside stuff for you bro.

Leo Nunez is also not fluent in English.

Is that an excuse to be a coward though? You, like me think that players get good money to act like major leaguers. Just saying.

Is that an excuse to be a coward though? You, like me think that players get good money to act like major leaguers. Just saying.

Actually, yes.

I don't even think Nunez knows English, at all. I believe he has a translator. Anyways, he talked (through his translator) today (or yesterday, not sure) saying he felt terrible b/c he wanted to help the team get to the playoffs, and possibly the World Series.

And even if he did speak good English, I wouldn't want to talk to a reporter either right after I just had 3 runs scored on me in the span of 5 pitches, to lose the game for my team. I'd be feeling like sh*t, and at a loss for words. That's the last thing he should be worried about. As for "acting like a major leaguer," I've already stated several times that I hate Nunez constant fist pumps, for what it's worth.

Actually, yes.

I don't even think Nunez knows English, at all. I believe he has a translator. Anyways, he talked (through his translator) today (or yesterday, not sure) saying he felt terrible b/c he wanted to help the team get to the playoffs, and possibly the World Series.

And even if he did speak good English, I wouldn't want to talk to a reporter either right after I just had 3 runs scored on me in the span of 5 pitches, to lose the game for my team. I'd be feeling like sh*t, and at a loss for words. That's the last thing he should be worried about. As for "acting like a major leaguer," I've already stated several times that I hate Nunez constant fist pumps, for what it's worth.

I dislike it too because he has 18 now 19 career saves and he fist pumps like he's K-Rod-yeah he's far from K-Rod.

Why do you keep saying Dan Uggla sucks?

Because in my opinion he does. Lots of power, all or nothing, terrible defensively, low BA.....what's to like about him?

There is alot to like with an .800+ OPS second baseman with solid defense.

One stat that is decent, congratulations.

:whistle

Do you actually watch the games or follow them on gameday? Just asking, not trying to be rude.

Because in my opinion he does. Lots of power, all or nothing, terrible defensively, low BA.....what's to like about him?

The fact that he's a top 10 second baseman?

Top 10? In what homeruns? All around maybe top 30.

So basically...you think he's the worst 2B in baseball? I mean...there are 30 teams in the big leagues.

If Uggla isn't a top 10 2B...at least name the 10 you think who are better. I mean...the guy has been a pretty consistent bat here for years, now.

The fact that he's a top 10 second baseman?

Top 10? In what homeruns? All around maybe top 30.

Right now (without taking contracts or age into consideration), the only guys I would rather have over Uggla would be Utley, Pedroia, Kinsler, Phillips, and Roberts. That would put Uggla sixth, and some even consider him higher than that. The only other guys who would probably even be considered close would be Polanco, Cano, and Hill. I think you are forgetting that this is a guy who was a five-win player last year.

There is alot to like with an .800+ OPS second baseman with solid defense.

One stat that is decent, congratulations.

Do you actually watch the games or follow them on gameday? Just asking, not trying to be rude.

I think the only reason you think he's "bad" is because he messed up on a few plays when Lindstrom was pitching. That seems like the only thing you bring up about Uggla.