September 19, 200917 yr Did anyone see him celebrating after he got the last out? He always does that. Always? Even when the game gets close? That's awesome. Nunez shrugs off Cardinals comments: Right-hander Leo Nunez said he doesn't plan to change his post-game mound celebrations after a save, even though Cardinals fans and players found it excessive after Wednesday's game. "Those are things I do during the game,'' Nunez said through a translator. "They don't mean anything bad. I don't care that they're talking. That's part of my game. I always do my thing when I close. I don't care what they're talking about. If they didn't like it, to hell with them.'' I don't like it, either. But if other teams seriously have a problem with it, they can simply beat him...he won't do it, if that happens. Same with K-Rod, Valverde, and all the other showoff relievers. They show a lot of emotion after getting saves. I'm not a big fan of the constant craziness, but that's the way they are. Have a lot of career saves. Nunez 23 and the celebrating started at like 10.
September 19, 200917 yr Nunez for giving up that bomb. He now leads the NL in homeruns given up by a reliever. In second place yep, Kevin Gregg. Did anyone see him celebrating after he got the last out? Funny. When Lindstrom was allowing runs and getting saves, your comment always was..."but he's 14/16." "But he's only costs the team 1 game with his 2 blown saves." Why can't you say the same for Nunez? Why don't you now say "he leads all relievers in HR's allowed, but ever since he took over the closer's role, he's 23/26." Why is it different now? Just wondering... Yeah he got the job but it was ugly-you know why as well we've discussed that already. 14/16 and cost them one game is the truth isn't it? I don't like Leo Nunez. IMO he doesn't respect the game of baseball. I'm old fashion and if someone shows up my team or players I don't take it lightly. He's just lucky no one can throw at him. Even Ryan Franklin (who can talk sh*t this year because he's been dominant)thought his end of the game celebration was excessive. It's one thing to get a save, it's another when you show somebody up on their own field. Nunez gets out of a bases loaded jam because everything is going right for him this year (except the homeruns). Like I said I hope he does well. He can stay in Florida and be the closer or if he keeps getting saves they can trade for him and get a #4 hitter. Whatever. Besides he is Fredi's little buddy and Fredi has a ton of confidence in him. Fredi doesn't care about the homerun-he cares about the final score. Lindstrom made Fredi's heart beat too fast. Yes. It's the truth just like 23/26 is the truth... You just admitted to not liking the guy, which is fine. But, at least, give the guy credit for such things as getting a big DP the other day (that's hypocrisy...you know you'd be giving Lindstrom credit had he gotten Matt Holliday to ground into a game-ending DP). I've already told you that none of these 2 guys (Lindstrom, Nunez) is going to bring back a #4 hitter. I still don't see why you keep saying that...it's just not realistic, unless if Admin Beinfest plans to drug another GM into doing it. As for Fredi not liking Lindstrom...c'mon. It's not as if Lindstrom was pitching well before he went on the DL. This isn't Dan Meyer, where despite overall statistics showing he should pitch more, Fredi has opted to do the opposite, lately, in large part b/c of his infatuation with Renyel Pinto. Fredi was confident enough to give Lindstrom those 16 save opportunities...no? Confident enough to put him as the setup man when he returned after a couple of good outings........no? I don't see the "dislike," considering that when you look at Lindstrom's OVERALL #'s this year, he (like Nunez, really) don't really deserve the closer's role (that is, for those who think that the closer is the best reliever on the team). As for "showing up the other team"...yeah, I don't like it, either. But I don't think Nunez even realizes that he's doing that, when he celebrates. Who knows why he does it? I thought KRod was a douche (and really, I still hate it when he does it) for his after-save celebrations, but what many people think is "showing off" when he points to the sky is him pointing to the sky b/c of his grandmother (I believe it's his grandmother, not sure now).
September 19, 200917 yr Did anyone see him celebrating after he got the last out? He always does that. Always? Even when the game gets close? That's awesome. Nunez shrugs off Cardinals comments: Right-hander Leo Nunez said he doesn't plan to change his post-game mound celebrations after a save, even though Cardinals fans and players found it excessive after Wednesday's game. "Those are things I do during the game,'' Nunez said through a translator. "They don't mean anything bad. I don't care that they're talking. That's part of my game. I always do my thing when I close. I don't care what they're talking about. If they didn't like it, to hell with them.'' I don't like it, either. But if other teams seriously have a problem with it, they can simply beat him...he won't do it, if that happens. Same with K-Rod, Valverde, and all the other showoff relievers. They show a lot of emotion after getting saves. I'm not a big fan of the constant craziness, but that's the way they are. Have a lot of career saves. Nunez 23 and the celebrating started at like 10. So it's ok if you have a lot of career saves (which really, mainly means you have a lot more opportunities)? Saves or not, it's still "disrespecting the game of baseball" to you, no? I mean, they are doing the same thing.
September 19, 200917 yr Rockies lose. Marlins 4 games back in the Wildcard! You beat me to it! Yay for gaining some ground in the WC and getting ahead of the Braves!
September 19, 200917 yr Leo needs to stop that sh*t. co-sign Fence sitter. I see both sides of it. I don't much care for the over celebration, especially in someone else's ball park, but I wouldn't want to take out the individuality of the games either. I would rather have him be emotional AFTER that final out rather than pitching with emotion. In any case, let him have his fun this year. Hopefully we bring in a real closer after this season.
September 19, 200917 yr How many of the HR Nunez has given up have been to the leadoff guy? Seems like that happens a LOT.
September 19, 200917 yr That's one reason i like Mariano, get the last out, just walk off the mound to the dugout. class.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.