December 23, 200916 yr so wait, that piece of art in the original post is what the center field home-run effect will be modeled after? I mean I don't hate it... I would think he'd need to tone it down a bit though. As long as it's not too ridiculous looking in the middle of a baseball stadium. I'll trust that Loria's not going to have a nightmare in the middle of the stands pop up every time Hanley smashes one. I have no idea where lasers come into the picture though. The letters outside are a pretty interesting feature, and sounds like the lighting could be very unique.
December 23, 200916 yr With all the talk of lasers, in my mind I see Hanley crushing one out the park, the lights going off, Boom Boom Pow starting to play and red and green lasers zapping around the stadium. And in my mind, this is pretty f'*ckin sweet!
December 24, 200916 yr With all the talk of lasers, in my mind I see Hanley crushing one out the park, the lights going off, Boom Boom Pow starting to play and red and green lasers zapping around the stadium. And in my mind, this is pretty f'*ckin sweet! Maybe sinking a pirate ship. j/k Been to football games in Tampa. Like that stadium and the celebrations after scoring.
December 27, 200916 yr I'd rather Loria commission Damien Hirst for the home run display: The Pysical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living (1992) Just put a Marlin in there instead and have the vitrine pop up after a home run.
December 27, 200916 yr Or just have fountain and a marlin in centerfield. Have the fountain shoot out water with homeruns. Like the near by university Nova Southeastern University.
December 27, 200916 yr Just put a Marlin in there instead and have the vitrine pop up after a home run. You don't live in SFLA. Down here it's no big deal to see vitrine spurting all over the place.
December 27, 200916 yr Just put a Marlin in there instead and have the vitrine pop up after a home run. You don't live in SFLA. Down here it's no big deal to see vitrine spurting all over the place. I had to look up "vitrine." For all I knew it was a latrene for women or something. LOL But I think you have also mistaken it's meaning. Maybe not. But a glass case that spurts water is called leaky where I'm from.
January 6, 201016 yr Video of the HR art piece, pretty cool imho. Def something new and unique, since well our stadium is probably going to be one of the most unique in baseball. Realistcally how many stadiums have been built since Camden Yards was opened that were just basically replicas of Camden Yards. Thank god we dont have a brick neo-classical ballpark. Sun Sentinel Story
January 6, 201016 yr Video of the HR art piece, pretty cool imho. Def something new and unique, since well our stadium is probably going to be one of the most unique in baseball. Realistcally how many stadiums have been built since Camden Yards was opened that were just basically replicas of Camden Yards. Thank god we dont have a brick neo-classical ballpark. Sun Sentinel Story I agree, a retro ballpark wouldn't work in Miami, we are a relatively new market for MLB baseball and a modern stadium fits the team and market well . That thing planned for center field, however, doesn't fit anywhere IMO. Something like the Broward County Convention Center fountain would have been nice(these are sailfish but you get the idea):
January 16, 201016 yr Those letters may just be the icing on the cake on what is turning into a absolute work of art...
January 16, 201016 yr Video of the HR art piece, pretty cool imho. Def something new and unique, since well our stadium is probably going to be one of the most unique in baseball. Realistcally how many stadiums have been built since Camden Yards was opened that were just basically replicas of Camden Yards. Thank god we dont have a brick neo-classical ballpark. Sun Sentinel Story I agree, a retro ballpark wouldn't work in Miami, we are a relatively new market for MLB baseball and a modern stadium fits the team and market well . That thing planned for center field, however, doesn't fit anywhere IMO. Something like the Broward County Convention Center fountain would have been nice(these are sailfish but you get the idea): when i went to AI i used to love looking across se17th at that fountain
February 23, 201016 yr Does anyone know what they are doing here? I'm not 100 percent sure but I imagine they are going to build that section of the track up there rather than lift it like the others. They'll need that scaffolding to hold it up. I do know that area, the west plaza, is where the roof sections will be built. They'll build them on the ground, lift them onto the tracks and roll them into position one by one. I think by Opening Day 2011 the roof is supposed to be up and nearly completed.
March 13, 201016 yr Why do I have a feeling people are going to dress way too nice to go to games in the new stadium? Funny you should say that. We always get a kick out of people that do that. Like they are trying to impress somebody at a sporting event. Of course it is a double-edged sword. At least they are at the games. If females want to wear short skirts and high heels to sit in the stands, who am I to argue? Why is it only that women are dressing up? Should I counter with the sexist over-simplification that all men are pigs that can't be bothered to look presentable when they go out? :thumbdown
March 13, 201016 yr Just put a Marlin in there instead and have the vitrine pop up after a home run. You don't live in SFLA. Down here it's no big deal to see vitrine spurting all over the place. I had to look up "vitrine." For all I knew it was a latrene for women or something. LOL But I think you have also mistaken it's meaning. Maybe not. But a glass case that spurts water is called leaky where I'm from. Why does your imaginary LATRINE have to be for women?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.