Uggla signed for $7.8 million

Admin

Uggla is not the best 2B in baseball but he is certainly in the Top Ten. The only player who has an argument of being the best player in the majors at his position is Hanley Ramirez, period.

Assuming Albert Pujols retired last night.

And Joe Mauer

And, I believe, Chase Utley.

Maybe he is underrated, which is almost ridiculous.

Uggla is not the best 2B in baseball but he is certainly in the Top Ten. The only player who has an argument of being the best player in the majors at his position is Hanley Ramirez, period.

And Joe Mauer

And, I believe, Chase Utley.

Maybe he is underrated, which is almost ridiculous.

If any 2B is underrated, I'd say it's probably Brandon Phillips.

Did you not understand this post? Pujols doesn't play shortstop.

If any 2B is underrated, I'd say it's probably Brandon Phillips.

So true, he could put up a .275 avgerage with Gold Glove Caliber Defense and could be a 25/25 guy easily.

He's definitely in the top 10 2nd baseman list but he's unknown because he play's in a non winning team.

Phillips did have a higher OPS that Uggla one time in the last four years.

Backin2008, they're talking about how Pujols is the best 1b and Mauer is the best C, no argument. You said the only position you could do that for is SS lol...

no, i think rab mistunderstood Backin2008's post. Rab basically said that if Albert Pujols does not retire next year then Hanley Ramirez is not the best player at Short Stop, which is obviously not true since we all know pujols plays 1b.

no, i think rab mistunderstood Backin2008's post. Rab basically said that if Albert Pujols does not retire next year then Hanley Ramirez is not the best player at Short Stop, which is obviously not true since we all know pujols plays 1b.

No he didn't misunderstand Nny was right because i know Rab isn't a moron. They were stating that along with Hanley being the unanimous best player at his position so is Albert Pujols at 1st base and Joe Mauer behind the plate.

Backin2008, they're talking about how Pujols is the best 1b and Mauer is the best C, no argument. You said the only position you could do that for is SS lol...

No no no, I didn't misunderstand anything. Backin2008 said Hanley was the only player in the league who is, no doubt, the best player at his position.

Pujols is, no doubt, the best player at his position.

Mauer is, no doubt, the best player at his position.

No no no, I didn't misunderstand anything. Backin2008 said Hanley was the only player in the league who is, no doubt, the best player at his position.

Anyone who disagrees with any of those three has no idea what they are talking about.

No he didn't misunderstand Nny was right because i know Rab isn't a moron. They were stating that along with Hanley being the unanimous best player at his position so is Albert Pujols at 1st base and Joe Mauer behind the plate.

if he did misunderstand something, it doesnt mean he is a moron. Backin2008 said that hanley ramirez was the only one with an argument of being the best player at HIS position, i.e., shorstop. And Rab's response was "assuming Albert pujols retired this night." Regardless of whether pujols retired today, tomorrow, w/e, hanley is still the best at HIS position since pujols play a different position, 1b

Anyone who disagrees with any of those three has no idea what they are talking about.

ok, maybe i misunderstood you ;). but your response really didnt lead me to believe you were stating this.

if he did misunderstand something, it doesnt mean he is a moron. Backin2008 said that hanley ramirez was the only one with an argument of being the best player at HIS position, i.e., shorstop. And Rab's response was "assuming Albert pujols retired this night." Regardless of whether pujols retired today, tomorrow, w/e, hanley is still the best at HIS position since pujols play a different position, 1b

You're misunderstanding. Read his post and then read my post.

He said that Hanley is the only player in the majors who is always considered the best player at his position. That's why it was posted in this context. I said "assuming Pujols retired last night" because the only way Pujols isn't also considered the best player at his position is if he's not playing anymore.

Rab was referring to that line right there. He said the only player who has an argument of being the best at his position is Hanley and Rab responded with if Pujols retired tonight because Pujols is also the best at his position along with Joe Mauer.

You're misunderstanding. Read his post and then read my post.

He said that Hanley is the only player in the majors who is always considered the best player at his position. That's why it was posted in this context. I said "assuming Pujols retired last night" because the only way Pujols isn't also considered the best player at his position is if he's not playing anymore.

right, but i am pretty sure he was referring to the fact that hanley was the only player on OUR team alone, not all major league teams, that can be considered the best at his position. Obviously there is a best player for each position

I think it's also worth noting that Dan Uggla took away Brandon Phillips spot in the ASG probably both times as well.

Well Uggla had better stats offensively which is pretty much what 90% of people look at when voting. Phillips is just getting the short end of the stick with having two extremely good players in front of him and being very unknown by many fans which is pretty much why he has never made an all star team even with the great numbers he had in 07.

He probably wouldn't be an All Star with those numbers in the AL either with Pedrioa KinslerCano and Hill infront of him.