Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

May 12th Marlins vs Cubs

Featured Replies

I don't know. Wes is usually pretty solid. that DP kills. We have had to many opportunities and have wasted them all.

I don't know. Wes is usually pretty solid. that DP kills. We have had to many opportunities and have wasted them all.

 

 

 

he's our lead off hitter. No need to A) waste wes pinch hitting for him and B) take out our lead off hitter

 

Fredi usually does allright with pinch hitting situations...but this move (regardless of the DP) was a bad one

I don't know. Wes is usually pretty solid. that DP kills. We have had to many opportunities and have wasted them all.

 

 

 

he's our lead off hitter. No need to A) waste wes pinch hitting for him and B) take out our lead off hitter

 

Fredi usually does allright with pinch hitting situations...but this move (regardless of the DP) was a bad one

 

Fredi didn't like the lefty matchup. And Wes is usually pretty good in those situations.

I didn't think Volstad looked too bad really. Sure, he had 4 walks, but the defense did him no favors.

 

 

2nd inning was bad when he was throwing 2 strike pitches over the plate and they were tagging him a bit...otherwise, he was ok

Wow... MLB Gameday showed Pinto pitching well!!! No Pressure = Pinto is Money! Not sure why Cogs was pinch hit for earlier. He is getting back in the groove and could of worked Marshall... Being at work = missed game for me.

I don't know. Wes is usually pretty solid. that DP kills. We have had to many opportunities and have wasted them all.

 

 

 

he's our lead off hitter. No need to A) waste wes pinch hitting for him and B) take out our lead off hitter

 

Fredi usually does allright with pinch hitting situations...but this move (regardless of the DP) was a bad one

 

Fredi didn't like the lefty matchup. And Wes is usually pretty good in those situations.

You know Coghlan's splits this year vs lefties and righties are almost the same, right? In fact, he's been better vs LHP. Small sample size, yeah, but still.

 

vs LHP: .207/.303/.241

vs RHP: .210/.247/.210

I can't wait to leave Wrigley. It seems like very ball hit with some kind of authority becomes an out.

I don't know. Wes is usually pretty solid. that DP kills. We have had to many opportunities and have wasted them all.

 

 

 

he's our lead off hitter. No need to A) waste wes pinch hitting for him and B) take out our lead off hitter

 

Fredi usually does allright with pinch hitting situations...but this move (regardless of the DP) was a bad one

 

Fredi didn't like the lefty matchup. And Wes is usually pretty good in those situations.

You know Coghlan's splits this year vs lefties and righties are almost the same, right? In fact, he's been better vs LHP. Small sample size, yeah, but still.

 

vs LHP: .207/.303/.241

vs RHP: .210/.247/.210

 

 

Bingo. Stupid move by Fredi. I guess he had to balance out his good move of putting Paulino in for Baker with a terrible one.

I didn't think Volstad looked too bad really. Sure, he had 4 walks, but the defense did him no favors.

 

 

 

That's life as a groundball / contact pitcher in the Marlins organization, I guess. Interesting... isn't this team supposed to be built on pitching and defense?

 

I also find it comical that the scorekeeper called the pitch in the fifth a WP, presumably because Paulino didn't get a glove on it. Problem was, Paulino made such a terrible play on the ball that he didn't touch it, and it went straight through his legs.

 

Volstad has to learn how to consistently navigate through lineups when he doesn't have his best stuff. Today, I think he was able to do that pretty well. If Paulino actually blocks that ball, we may be talking about another quality start for 41.

I didn't think Volstad looked too bad really. Sure, he had 4 walks, but the defense did him no favors.

 

 

 

That's life as a groundball / contact pitcher in the Marlins organization, I guess. Interesting... isn't this team supposed to be built on pitching and defense?

 

I also find it comical that the scorekeeper called the pitch in the fifth a WP, presumably because Paulino didn't get a glove on it. Problem was, Paulino made such a terrible play on the ball that he didn't touch it, and it went straight through his legs.

 

Volstad has to learn how to consistently navigate through lineups when he doesn't have his best stuff. Today, I think he was able to do that pretty well. If Paulino actually blocks that ball, we may be talking about another quality start for 41.

Was it Paulino's fault?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.