Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baker to DL, Petersen Recalled

Featured Replies

  • Author

You only "Willingham" someone if you need their bat in the lineup and their glove isn't good enough to play. That is not Brett Hayes.

 

Misread by me. I thought BroncoBob was referring to Baker.

 

I thought so too.

 

Either way Hayes is a stop gate right now, nothing more, nothing less.

 

I know you hate me, but it's stopgap, not stop gate. (I suppose I can't not be be "that guy" :whistle).

 

I do agree with what you said.

You only "Willingham" someone if you need their bat in the lineup and their glove isn't good enough to play. That is not Brett Hayes.

 

Misread by me. I thought BroncoBob was referring to Baker.

 

I thought so too.

 

Either way Hayes is a stop gate right now, nothing more, nothing less.

 

I know you hate me, but it's stopgap, not stop gate. (I suppose I can't not be be "that guy" ).

 

I do agree with what you said.

 

 

Hayes stops the opposing team's fans who walk through the gates from cheering, as evidenced by the team's undefeated record, since he's joined the ballclub.

You only "Willingham" someone if you need their bat in the lineup and their glove isn't good enough to play. That is not Brett Hayes.

 

Misread by me. I thought BroncoBob was referring to Baker.

 

I thought so too.

 

Either way Hayes is a stop gate right now, nothing more, nothing less.

 

I know you hate me, but it's stopgap, not stop gate. (I suppose I can't not be be "that guy" :whistle).

 

I do agree with what you said.

 

 

 

 

I'm really starting to dislike you.

  • Author

Lol thanks.

 

I apologized the first time, but I figured it was useless since I chose not to help myself. I remembered you said it at least one other time, too.

 

I thought you might like to know, although upon further reflection I do suppose that PM is a more appropriate forum.

 

I'd say let's go to Bru's Room for a beer to bury the hatchet, but I think you're a youngin' so it'd have a cherry coke I suppose.

Lol thanks.

 

I apologized the first time, but I figured it was useless since I chose not to help myself. I remembered you said it at least one other time, too.

 

I thought you might like to know, although upon further reflection I do suppose that PM is a more appropriate forum.

 

I'd say let's go to Bru's Room for a beer to bury the hatchet, but I think you're a youngin' so it'd have a cherry coke I suppose.

 

 

Not as young as you may think. Spelling errors online does not reflect age.

  • Author

Lol thanks.

 

I apologized the first time, but I figured it was useless since I chose not to help myself. I remembered you said it at least one other time, too.

 

I thought you might like to know, although upon further reflection I do suppose that PM is a more appropriate forum.

 

I'd say let's go to Bru's Room for a beer to bury the hatchet, but I think you're a youngin' so it'd have a cherry coke I suppose.

 

 

Not as young as you may think. Spelling errors online does not reflect age.

 

That's not why I think that. I believe you mentioned that you go to either Coral Springs or Taravella or Douglas in one thread. So that most likely makes you under 21, so that's my only reasoning, believe me.

Lol thanks.

 

I apologized the first time, but I figured it was useless since I chose not to help myself. I remembered you said it at least one other time, too.

 

I thought you might like to know, although upon further reflection I do suppose that PM is a more appropriate forum.

 

I'd say let's go to Bru's Room for a beer to bury the hatchet, but I think you're a youngin' so it'd have a cherry coke I suppose.

 

 

Not as young as you may think. Spelling errors online does not reflect age.

 

That's not why I think that. I believe you mentioned that you go to either Coral Springs or Taravella or Douglas in one thread. So that most likely makes you under 21, so that's my only reasoning, believe me.

 

I'm pretty sure he's younger than me. I know dim and I have the same birthday...at least I think. What's the point of all this?

  • Author

Lol thanks.

 

I apologized the first time, but I figured it was useless since I chose not to help myself. I remembered you said it at least one other time, too.

 

I thought you might like to know, although upon further reflection I do suppose that PM is a more appropriate forum.

 

I'd say let's go to Bru's Room for a beer to bury the hatchet, but I think you're a youngin' so it'd have a cherry coke I suppose.

 

 

Not as young as you may think. Spelling errors online does not reflect age.

 

That's not why I think that. I believe you mentioned that you go to either Coral Springs or Taravella or Douglas in one thread. So that most likely makes you under 21, so that's my only reasoning, believe me.

 

I'm pretty sure he's younger than me. I know dim and I have the same birthday...at least I think. What's the point of all this?

 

Dim appears to have [at least some] dislike for me (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm attempting to defend parts of what I said.

  • Author

I'm so jealous, noone on here's ever asked me out...

 

Well, except for PWG.

 

 

But he's the MB bicycle.

 

Aren't you all supposed to be asleep? We have school tomorrow.

 

 

Some of us are bums (or at least bums who don't start grad school until August), thank you very much!

Aren't you all supposed to be asleep? We have school tomorrow.

 

 

 

College & not taking summer classes.

You only "Willingham" someone if you need their bat in the lineup and their glove isn't good enough to play. That is not Brett Hayes.

 

Misread by me. I thought BroncoBob was referring to Baker.

 

 

Okay. You had me confused too. Especially since I have always been against Baker's defense capabilities. Or more truthful, Baker's lack of defensive capabilities.

You only "Willingham" someone if you need their bat in the lineup and their glove isn't good enough to play. That is not Brett Hayes.

 

Misread by me. I thought BroncoBob was referring to Baker.

 

I thought so too.

 

Either way Hayes is a stop gate right now, nothing more, nothing less.

 

Unfortunetly I see it this way too. Only thing that would negate this opinion is if somehow, someway he finds that bat.

BroncoBob absolutely was not calling John Baker "one of the better defensive catchers in the org".

 

 

 

I went back and read it and can't see where the confusion came in. I did say "You pretty much saw it Saturday night."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.