As of right now, this team...

Erick

Has 3 reliable relievers (1 of them is stictly a LOOGY and the only lefty in the pen...and 1 in Sanches who I'm including has numbers that suggest he'll regress), no lefty bat off the bench, no backup catcher (Brett Hayes doesn't count, he plays as much as we do), and no backup outfielder (some guys can play the OF on the roster, but there's no actual 4th outfielder).

I understand it's not easy to make moves in June, but I'm really expecting some minor, cost efficient signings from Beinfest, sooner rather than later. This team sucks. The only time I have confidence in a win is when Josh Johnson pitches, and that only happens once every five days.

The left handed bat probably won't come within the organization unless Peterson can start stroking at the Major League level.

The outfielder problem has solutions in Carroll, Peterson and Maybin.

The bullpen can be better if we drop Sosa and Buente for Pinto and Badenhop

and as for feeling confident on Non J.J. starts, it's all based on how the position players play because there has not been a time this season where all 8 position players played to there potentials at the same time giving pitchers the confidence that they can give up a run or two and knowing the offense has there back.

Agreed, agreed, and agreed

Which teams are gonna be sellers this year, you think?

Us.

Considering where we are and the fact that this team isn't built to be much better, it would be absolutely ludicrous for us not to be unless teams we're offering us value for guys who we have under control another year.

is going nowhere with this pen! I usually say this is the best team that they can afford, but I can't beleive this is the best bullpen they could have got for their money. If they hadn't been sooooo cheap the last few years they could have had the Loogy wrapped up in Rhodes for a few years and certainly could have found better arms than what they've gotten this year in Jose Veras or Jorge Sosa. I understand working in the younger guys like Leroux, Wood and Buente but use them, don't have them set on the bench for a week between appearances because then you overwork Hensley or Sanches who can get an inning or two worth of batters out. That is the frustrating pattern of Fredi's bullpen use he'll throw a guy out there several times in a row and then eventually they can't get anyone out look at what he did to Badenhop at the beginning of the year, he's done that with others too.

Has 3 reliable relievers (1 of them is stictly a LOOGY and the only lefty in the pen...and 1 in Sanches who I'm including has numbers that suggest he'll regress), no lefty bat off the bench, no backup catcher (Brett Hayes doesn't count, he plays as much as we do), and no backup outfielder (some guys can play the OF on the roster, but there's no actual 4th outfielder).

I understand it's not easy to make moves in June, but I'm really expecting some minor, cost efficient signings from Beinfest, sooner rather than later. This team sucks. The only time I have confidence in a win is when Josh Johnson pitches, and that only happens once every five days.

Jay Buente was already sent back to New Orleans, and Jorge Sosa was just DFA'd. I'm not sure if this means a move has been made, or we're just calling guys up from AAA. I'm guessing Badenhop is coming back up, at least.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.