Pitchers & Catchers Report Feb 18th

Admin

Friday, the Marlins released their spring training schedule.

The 2011 exhibition season opens at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter against the University of Miami on Feb. 27, nine days after pitchers and catchers hold their first workout. The first full squad practice is set for Feb. 22.

All but 12 of the Marlins' 33 exhibition games will be at Roger Dean Stadium, including four against the Cardinals as the visiting team. The Grapefruit League schedule opens Feb. 28 with the first of seven meetings versus the Cardinals, who share the north Palm Beach County facility.

In other games of note, a couple of former Marlins managers will visit Jupiter: Fredi Gonzalez with his Atlanta Braves on March 7 and Jim Leyland and the Detroit Tigers on March 10. The Boston Red Sox make their lone cross-state trip from Fort Myers on March 24.

All 33 exhibition games are scheduled for 1:05 p.m. starts with the exception of the Tigers home game (7:05 p.m.) and the March 30 finale in Port St. Lucie against the Mets (12:10 p.m.). The Marlins host the Mets in April 1 regular season opener at Sun Life Stadium.

Individual game tickets go on sale Jan. 22 at 10 a.m. and can be purchased at the Roger Dean Stadium box office or through Ticketmaster.

Sun-Sentinel

http://www.sun-senti...0,1917661.story

No spring training for me next year. Let the depression begin :(.

Probably a good thing for you Holly, you would be saddened from turning up and not being able to take pics with Cody!

I'll find someone else to take pictures with. I hate living in Georgia...

Just become a Braves fan and you'll enjoy it more :mischief