Garrett Wittles Charged with Rape

I really really really really hope he is innocent. I've met him and never got the creeper vibe but you'll never know sometimes. I really hope it's just a case of stupid girls making accusations (that does happen too, you know). *sigh* Anyway, he's screwed either way. It's a shame.

I personally think it's a stupid law, and don't see the big deal, to be honest.

I'm assuming you mean having sex with a minor. Those girls were over the age in the Bahamas (16) so the rape charges seem to be the real deal.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I didn't notice the Bahamas part.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope he breaks the record! I'm totally going to watch that game on Sunday. "If Wittels, a junior shortstop who had 100 hits in 56 games last year, goes oh-for Friday or Saturday, the series finale will appear only on ESPN’s web network. But if the streak is alive come Sunday, ESPNU will carry the affair – and the man whose record is at stake will be in the broadcast booth."

This game wasn't advertised at all in the school. Not even through email.

I mean, sh*t. If you're going to try and gain some popularity, there needs to be a better dissemination of information. I missed this game and I actually wanted to see it.

...and now he lost the hit streak. Awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Charges have been dropped.

And yet he'll be forever remembered as a rapist.

Rape is very difficult to proove, and becuase of false accusations on the rise its become more difficult to proove

You have to be very carefull these days when trying to get into bed with what you belive to be an underage girl, they know they have the goods...and they know they are underage, even if they say they are not, they Lie...

Then they pull the scam, give me this amount of money and I wont say anything...your stuck in a corner feeling like a fool. Young girls at that age are just cruel, especially American or European girls, they are the worst.They will go out of their way to F**k you up..

99% sure these girls were Bi and man haters anyway.