Bryan Petersen coming up, Murphy DL

Hammerhead

ST. LOUIS — The Marlins are expected to add outfielder Bryan Petersen to their roster on Monday when they open a four-game series with the Cardinals.

A left-handed hitter, Petersen is batting .342 with three homers, seven doubles and 10 RBIs at Triple-A New Orleans.

Petersen was not in New Orleans’ lineup on Sunday in their 10-7 win over Oklahoma City.

It is not yet known who Petersen will be replacing on the roster.

http://joefrisaro.mlblogs.com/2011/05/02/petersen-getting-called-up/

His tweet earlier: "St Louis. Buy the ticket. Take the ride. New grind."

The Marlins' Twitter co-MVPs together again.

I wonder who's going down. Murphy?

Lomo is out, Coghlan has a bad shoulder, Stanton is playing with a bad wheel... I can't see why they'd send Cousins down.

Because of his nonexistent bat, I can see it happening.

Had this news come out soon after Saturday's game I would have thought Infante was going to the DL. Glad that's not the case.

Murphy to DL (retro to April 30th), clears the roster for Petersen

So wait. Is Murphy on the DL or "DL"?

I think the "DL" is for players who have no injury at all. Murphy came into the season with a surgically repaired wrist, got hit in that spot not too long after, and has had some problems because of it.

Murphy to DL (retro to April 30th), clears the roster for Petersen

So wait. Is Murphy on the DL or "DL"?

I think the "DL" is for players who have no injury at all. Murphy came into the season with a surgically repaired wrist, got hit in that spot not too long after, and has had some problems because of it.

Gotcha, I forgot that he got hit on that wrist.

And now that I think about it, he beat everyone's expectations in coming back so soon with a surgically repaired wrist. Maybe he was never fully healthy? I still have hope for Mr. Murphy and would love to see him back on our bench (where he belongs) fully healthy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.