June 23, 201115 yr Has anyone heard anything about who will be the PA Announcer at the new ballpark? I'm wondering if they will bring back Dick Sanford or start fresh with someone else. Sanford, to me, has done a pretty good job in his many years here at SunLife, but I think I would like to see someone else do it. New ballpark, New Voice. Thoughts?
June 23, 201115 yr Hope they have open auditions like the Cubs did. It'd be pretty cool to atleast tryout.
June 23, 201115 yr I'm betting they hold on to Dick Sanford. Plus, I'm just so used to him, it'd be weird to lose him.
June 23, 201115 yr Spoke to Dick's son, says they still aren't 100% on him announcing in the new ballpark.
June 23, 201115 yr Hope they keep him and the organ player. But they are getting rid of the rest of our history so ya never know.
June 23, 201115 yr the organ player f***ing sucks! every time people start clapping along or whatever he stops playing
June 23, 201115 yr Or when people start a "Lets Go Mar-lins" chant and it starts getting louder, he starts playing the organ and then you can't hear the chant. :|
June 23, 201115 yr The crowds at home games this year have seemed more lively. Lots more chants and even waves. I agree though..new stadium; new voice. open tryouts would be pretty cool. But the FO likes the micromanage everything down to the size and location of grease traps so i doubt that would happen. Or just make Jon Benjamin the PA.
June 24, 201115 yr Pfft I should be the voice. Not that my actual voice is any good for it. But I could totally put on a good impression.
June 24, 201115 yr the organ player f***ing sucks! every time people start clapping along or whatever he stops playing i think it's a rule that they have to stop playing when play is about to begin.
June 24, 201115 yr Or when people start a "Lets Go Mar-lins" chant and it starts getting louder, he starts playing the organ and then you can't hear the chant. :| LOL That says alot about our "crowds."
June 24, 201115 yr Or when people start a "Lets Go Mar-lins" chant and it starts getting louder, he starts playing the organ and then you can't hear the chant. :| LOL That says alot about our "crowds." No, he's right. The game I went to this year had 41K+, and when we got our chant going strong, he'd play it. Slowly. Off-time from the crowd.
June 24, 201115 yr How about asking Jay Rokeach who has been announcing all UM events for as long as I can remember. He is fantastic and a really nice person to boot. Don't forget to Cheer for Victory tonight!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.