Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Welcome, New Members

Featured Replies

I'll reintroduce myself. I'm Aimee. I was born in Miami but moved to Tallahassee when I was in Kindergarten. I am a UF alum (c/o '08) and Sarasota resident. I attended my first Marlins game (and MLB game) on a trip back to South Florida in June 1993, and it was love at Charlie Hough's first pitch. I live for baseball. Baseball is my husband. Guys think it's weird that I have this obsession with baseball. I love the new ballpark but I have mixed feelings about the logo and uniforms as well as pandering to the Latino base and seemingly alienating original Marlins fans like myself. But I digress.

 

I used to be a regular on this site but I felt bullied one night when I got home from work late (missed the end of a game) and people berated me because I thought the closer formerly known as Leo Nunez should have thrown more curveballs. Didn't like the negativity. We're all Marlins fans so the bickering annoys me. That being said, it's a new era so I am giving it another go. Please welcome me back with open arms.

 

I know what you mean. I used to post on here regularly. But then I began to get annoyed by how members were beginning to act. It's nothing but arguing back and forth. Some picking on new members, as if they're a better person cause they have a larger post count. As if they're worth more to the board because in their mind they believe they are one of the few that really contribute something greater to this board.

  • Author

Sigh.

 

This really is one of the friendliest boards around. Maybe you wouldn't like any message board communities, but this is normally one of the nicer ones. And it's not at all true that this board is "nothing but arguing back and forth' (unless, of course, you use a very loose definition of arguing).

Sigh.

 

This really is one of the friendliest boards around. Maybe you wouldn't like any message board communities, but this is normally one of the nicer ones. And it's not at all true that this board is "nothing but arguing back and forth' (unless, of course, you use a very loose definition of arguing).

 

 

I disagree. Therefore, you are wrong.

this board has its fair share of douche's, but, it is one of the more reasonable places I visit everyday.

this board has its fair share of douche's, but, it is one of the more reasonable places I visit everyday.

 

Nice way to put it.

I'll reintroduce myself. I'm Aimee. I was born in Miami but moved to Tallahassee when I was in Kindergarten. I am a UF alum (c/o '08) and Sarasota resident. I attended my first Marlins game (and MLB game) on a trip back to South Florida in June 1993, and it was love at Charlie Hough's first pitch. I live for baseball. Baseball is my husband. Guys think it's weird that I have this obsession with baseball. I love the new ballpark but I have mixed feelings about the logo and uniforms as well as pandering to the Latino base and seemingly alienating original Marlins fans like myself. But I digress.

 

I used to be a regular on this site but I felt bullied one night when I got home from work late (missed the end of a game) and people berated me because I thought the closer formerly known as Leo Nunez should have thrown more curveballs. Didn't like the negativity. We're all Marlins fans so the bickering annoys me. That being said, it's a new era so I am giving it another go. Please welcome me back with open arms.

 

 

Glad to have ya back. By the way, you seem like a great writer.

 

Thanks! That might be because I am a writer ;)

 

Thanks, me too ;) ... kind of haha. I wrote a few articles for this website last year and had fun, but I'm only a high school senior. Writing is pretty fun for me though, especially when it's about the Marlins.

I'll admit, this is by far the best bunch as far as a Marlins board goes. But it has gotten a lot worse than it was a few years ago when I joined.

And I'm a member of a lot of forums, actually. Not baseball or Marlins forums, but forums in general. And there are plenty that I like. I'm not saying I don't like this forum. But as stated above, there are plenty of douche bags on this board.

I'll admit, this is by far the best bunch as far as a Marlins board goes. But it has gotten a lot worse than it was a few years ago when I joined.

And I'm a member of a lot of forums, actually. Not baseball or Marlins forums, but forums in general. And there are plenty that I like. I'm not saying I don't like this forum. But as stated above, there are plenty of douche bags on this board.

 

Am I a douche bag, ABMH?

First time poster, LOOONG time reader. Finally worked up the testicle fortitude and decided that I wanted to voice some of my opinions, ideas, memories, and expose everyone to my horrible grimmer and spelling. I've been a fish fan through the highs and the lows - remember those days when our rotation was filled out with Jesus Tavarez and the "Ace" Chuck Smith? haha

 

Fun Facts:

Favorite all-time Marlin is Miggy (RIP), and not far behind is Chuck Johnson, JJ, and Hanley

25 y/o in Pembroke Pines

I like the new Uni's

I believe our ideal, "Plan A" off-season would include Cespedes, Reyes, Pujols, Buehrle, Madson, and a trade for either Shields/Gio

 

Look forward to interacted/getting blasted on the board! lol GO FISH!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.