Marlins 1st sellout announced

Old Timer

I'm surprised the FIU game hasn't sold out yet, I'm sure it will though.

You would think they would have scheduled FIU first for 10K and UM second for 15K... Would have made for a better opportunity to sell out, I'm sure. Maybe there was scheduling conflicts?

I think they wanted first game for Marlins to be vs UM in old OB site... Makes sense.

You would think they would have scheduled FIU first for 10K and UM second for 15K... Would have made for a better opportunity to sell out, I'm sure. Maybe there was scheduling conflicts?

I think they wanted first game for Marlins to be vs UM in old OB site... Makes sense.

I guess but the baseball team has never played on that site, so yes its nostolgic on the part for the Canes football legacy, it really has nothing to do with the baseball team at all.

As for having the Canes one night and FIU the next one, it will tell a lot about FIU.....which is they don't draw flies to their games and the Canes consistantly have 2,000 a night (it was pitiful but 3 times last year the Canes out drew the Marlins in actual attendance).

I guess but the baseball team has never played on that site, so yes its nostolgic on the part for the Canes football legacy, it really has nothing to do with the baseball team at all.

As for having the Canes one night and FIU the next one, it will tell a lot about FIU.....which is they don't draw flies to their games and the Canes consistantly have 2,000 a night (it was pitiful but 3 times last year the Canes out drew the Marlins in actual attendance).

The Canes also play on campus. students just have to walk over

FIU's stadium is also on campus, so I'm not sure of your point.

Besides there are practically ZERO students at Miami games. Its almost exclusively folks from the cities of Coral Gables & South Miami which the campus is on the southern edge of Coral Gables which is then bordered by the City of South Miami, some also come from the Kendall area but the bulk of the fans at Miami games are from CG and SM.

Many like me have been going to Miami games for over 30 years.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.