Turf and the ballpark extra activities

AeroFishOne

Anybody else kind of worried that the FO is running in circles by installing new turf then having the WBC and soccer matches no god knows what else?

The baseball classic I'm not worried about but the soccer match has to tear up the field.

Huge concern amongst us fans.

Serious or sarcastic.

Anybody else kind of worried that the FO is running in circles by installing new turf then having the WBC and soccer matches no god knows what else?

The baseball classic I'm not worried about but the soccer match has to tear up the field.

Not even a little bit.

Any reason why?

Serious or sarcastic.

sarcastic.

Well thanks for your opinion.

A large number of people have been bitching about the grass throughout the year. I imagine when most people get that dick of a season out of their ass, they will lighten up and start bitching again.

Serious or sarcastic.

sarcastic.

A large number of people have been bitching about the grass throughout the year. I imagine when most people get that dick of a season out of their ass, they will lighten up and start bitching again.

I object to that gay post. Gaylord Focker.

Just kidding.

Not even a little bit.

Any reason why?

Should have added my reasons.

Parts can always be replanted with very little wait time on it being playable. Remember at the start of this season when some of the OF grass was dying and they replanted while the team was on the road? I have confidence in the people in charge of keeping the field playable. I would have to think they know what they are doing well enough to be planting a new turf that is even easier to maintain.

Serious or sarcastic.

sarcastic.

The only things I remember complaints about were the looks, not the playability of it. I don't recall any complaints from players of any team about the turf, either. Fences back too far, yes. But playability of the field? Maybe I missed a big discussion.

The whole "plan" by the FO was to have the high grass so they could take advantage of the speed on the roster.

I fail to see how changing the type of grass they install would make that obsolete.

Wait a sec........Are you saying there is a type of real grass that never needs mowing?? Link me to the landscaper that installs such a miracle product.

The whole "plan" by the FO was to have the high grass so they could take advantage of the speed on the roster.

I fail to see how changing the type of grass they install would make that obsolete.

Wait a sec........Are you saying there is a type of real grass that never needs mowing?? Link me to the landscaper that installs such a miracle product.

I'm going to assume your really not that ignorant.

The FO's plan was to allow the grass to grow high enough to slow the balls travel.

How you got the idea of a new type of grass or miracle grass, we may never know. Sounds like all they are doing is re-sodding the field. Start from scratch.

The field looked like sh*t last year and the field maintenance goals of any club is too not have to worry about re sodding sections every week to just keep the field playable.

I'm going to assume your really not that ignorant.

The FO's plan was to allow the grass to grow high enough to slow the balls travel.

How you got the idea of a new type of grass or miracle grass, we may never know. Sounds like all they are doing is re-sodding the field. Start from scratch.

The field looked like sh*t last year and the field maintenance goals of any club is too not have to worry about re sodding sections every week to just keep the field playable.

It's called sarcasm. I fail to see how changing the type of grass being used is going to change how high they mow it. I can't see them changing that thought process.

Yes, the field looked pretty crappy at times last year. I chalk that up to the learning curve. What type of grass works best with a retractable roof in our climate. When to open the roof during non playing times, when to close it, when and how much to water it, or let mother nature water it. The nutrients. So many things that only professional landscapers would only know about. They tried one type that was probably used in another climate, and it didn't work out very well here. So now they will try something else. You can't change during the season with the MOST they will be on the road is a couple weeks, so they patch things and wait til the season is over. The playability apparently was fine, just the cosmetics aspect.

We all had a learning curve this year. From the fans learning different ways in and out, parking, where our fav foods were, etc...., right up to the FO learning their new systems. I think this was just the grounds people going through theirs. Plenty of time til April rolls around again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.