February 4, 201313 yr Jose Valverde and #Marlins close to one year contract, source said to ESPNdeportes.com
February 4, 201313 yr Wonder what this means for Cishek Valverde is definitely not coming here to setup. He's represented by Scott Boras so I highly doubt this is a cheap minor league deal. I don't get it.
February 4, 201313 yr I don't get it either. Hope he does well and flip him at the break?! I'd much much rather have cishek closing either way
February 4, 201313 yr Sucks for Cishek if he is indeed not going to close, he earned the full time role.
February 4, 201313 yr Saw this thread and hoped it was someone asking if we should sign him. Saw that it was already in the process of happening and let out an audible sigh at work. Ugh.
February 4, 201313 yr What's this gonna cost? At least $3m? More like $5m? Any chance he'd be the set up guy? His 2012 numbers were pretty pitiful for a any closer.
February 4, 201313 yr With Boras involved, I doubt he would be signing unless he was assured at least a legit chance at being the closer if not an outright guarantee.
February 4, 201313 yr With Boras involved, I doubt he would be signing unless he was assured at least a legit chance at being the closer if not an outright guarantee. Well we know how the marlins FO are with their "guarantees"
February 4, 201313 yr I really hate Valverde's celebrations. Maybe it's best that he'll play for a team that won't win many games. Aw, I just made myself sad.
February 4, 201313 yr Rotoworld says he'd be coming to setup for Cishek, but I highly doubt that. Cishek will lose the closers jobs after he gives up his first hit.
February 4, 201313 yr Rotoworld says he'd be coming to setup for Cishek, but I highly doubt that. I really don't mind the move at all if he's a set up guy. But why spend $5m or so on a setup guy when you're rebuilding?
February 4, 201313 yr Rotoworld says he'd be coming to setup for Cishek, but I highly doubt that. I really don't mind the move at all if he's a set up guy. But why spend $5m or so on a setup guy when you're rebuilding? I actually don't mind it if he's the closer. -Value at the deadline. -The more games Cishek saves, the quicker he becomes expensive. I'm guessing that's the thought process with this signing.
February 4, 201313 yr Clark Spencer says the reports are false. lol. Well that was an exciting 20 minutes. I even discussed it with a guy at work.
February 4, 201313 yr If it was true, maybe the point was to take a chance on him and if he did well, flip him at the deadline for a prospect.
February 4, 201313 yr Wonder what this means for Cishek He'll get a lot of use cleaning up Valverde's messes
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.