Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/17 Post-Game: Fun with the Marlins

Featured Replies

26th game where we score 2 runs or less. :(

 

I was painting my house and only watched the 9th inning. Looks like watching paint dry was the smart and entertaining choice for how to best spend my evening.

  • Author

The Astros and the Pirates are tied 4-4 in the top of the 9th. Hopefully Huston will pull the win so we can go back to being the worst team in baseball. We need that #1 pick more than the Astros.

  • Author

I don't know. Houston's really trying to lose. See how they lost the game tonight: http://www.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?c_id=mlb&content_id=27207249&partnerId=as_mlb_20130518_8088464&topic_id=28898650 :exercise

 

 

Yeah, the Astros make us look decent at times. Check out this play last year. It has to be one of the worst plays in MLB history. Let me break the video down for you. Routine weak line towards the pitcher which should be an easy catch and throw to first for an out, but (1) first baseman abandons his base when he shouldn't have, (2) collides with pitcher in what should have been a routine out throw to first, (3) third baseman interferes with the throw to first by almost colliding with the first baseman,(4) which then becomes a wild pitch the second baseman has to chase, (5) and he then makes a bad throw to the plate. So much comedic fail in one play. :)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PXj8m4yZyo

I suggest we fire the Admin Bienfest or Hill, whoever you feel pulls the strings, and replace him with Paul Depodesta. Paul Depodesta I feel could successfully run, and succeed with this franchise. Currently I have no hope for this front office, and I feel we are "rebuilding" which is synonymous for giving up. If I am going to pay to watch a team, I never want to watch a team that has given up. At the beginning of the season I thought, "oh, we are trying to catch lightning in a bottle", but as the season has progressed I have found that not to be the case. We are fielding warm bodies, and hoping subpar players in there 30's will grow out of being subpar. We have these unreasonable expectations from the 2003 marlins who won the world series, but any reasonable person can see that no one was subpar on that team, nor had ever been subpar. It was stacked, the only thing it didn't have was the wisdom of age. I thank Mr. Bienfest for his many great years, but I feel we have gone too long without reaching the playoffs. Depodesta is better suited for the role, and I feel will do what needs to be done turn this franchise around.

So what was that about this being better than the 2006 team guys?

 

 

2006 team started 11-31!

The 1962 Mets started 12-30, though.

 

 

If Stanton and Morrison come back healthy with Yelich, Dietrich and Ozuna I could see us surpassing them based on the potential of those players.The pitching will keep us from playing as well as the 2006 team.

Hey, look on the bright side, they dumped Rauch. No more goofy neck tatoo.

 

Maybe LeBlanc is next. Nolasco will be gone soon enough, even if they get nothing for him. Maybe they get more than a bag of baseballs for Slowey, maybe not, but at the rate he's going he'll be gone soon, too. Olivo probably isn't long for this team, either.

 

Eovaldi, Turner, Alvarez, Stanton and Morrison will all probably be back inside of a month (give or take,) then add Yelich and one or two others, relegate Pierre and Polanco to the bench, dump Coghlan and this team will be a whole lot more interesting to watch.

 

As it is, if they get down by 2 runs you may as well turn it off, but this last week and the next 2 weeks when they continue to lose game after game will probably mark the low point of the year.

 

After that, they might actually have the talent to wind up winning 60-65 games.

Late.

 

I'm usually up late, I often trade markets in the middle of the night when a fair hunk of the rest of the world is awake, but the baseball board is asleep. There are very few markets open on Saturday anywhere, but I'm not going to change my schedule just because it's the week-end.

 

:lol

The Astros and the Pirates are tied 4-4 in the top of the 9th. Hopefully Huston will pull the win so we can go back to being the worst team in baseball. We need that #1 pick more than the Astros.

 

No we don't. Loria will insist that we pick an inferior talent who is more "signable."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.