5/18 Post game: Offense goes into hibernation.

The Marlins will win tomorrow.

The Arizona bullpen has for some reason been susceptible to the South Beach Effect for years and years.

Tomorrow is a day game after a Friday and Saturday night spent on the beach after 2 wins. They already won the series.

They'll be weak in the knees and hungover and ready to trade a loss for what they're getting in return tonite as we blog.

Enjoy it as we need every edge we can get for each precious win.

I've said before that I made peace with the Marlins having a bad year and not winning a lot of games, but I'm especially disappointed about they're not even competing. At all, they're not in games. They're not scoring runs, they're finding ways to hit into double plays and it just seems like a REALLY bad team.

Will Yelich, Stanton and Lomo in the lineup next month change this? I have to believe it will and maybe that's it... maybe the injuries have turned an already bad team into a smelly pineapple shaped dog turd.

The Marlins will win tomorrow.

The Arizona bullpen has for some reason been susceptible to the South Beach Effect for years and years.

Tomorrow is a day game after a Friday and Saturday night spent on the beach after 2 wins. They already won the series.

They'll be weak in the knees and hungover and ready to trade a loss for what they're getting in return tonite as we blog.

Enjoy it as we need every edge we can get for each precious win.

The D-Backs could all go out and party tonight and still beat the Marlins tomorrow. All they need is to score one run.

I've said before that I made peace with the Marlins having a bad year and not winning a lot of games, but I'm especially disappointed about they're not even competing. At all, they're not in games. They're not scoring runs, they're finding ways to hit into double plays and it just seems like a REALLY bad team.

Will Yelich, Stanton and Lomo in the lineup next month change this? I have to believe it will and maybe that's it... maybe the injuries have turned an already bad team into a smelly pineapple shaped dog turd.

At that point our pitching will probably go to crap.

It hasn't been crap already?

It hasn't been crap already?

Yeah it has. They do keep us in the games more than the bats though.

I'm confused as to why Justin Ruggz sucks so much this year. No protection? Trying too hard? Or is he gonna be a guy who hits .240 with like 17 HR's a year with 500+ AB's?

He's at best a 4th outfielder on a decent team. He's actually playing to his level now, his numbers last year were not sustainable.

This was the first time in almost 20 years that they lost a game on a first-pitch-of-the-game HR.

September, 1993 was the only other instance. Next closest thing was JJ giving up a second-pitch HR last year and also losing 1-zip.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-05-18/sports/fl-marlins-0519-20130518_1_marlins-park-miami-marlins-tom-koehler

History being made daily. For the next few weeks, anyway, until they start slicing and dicing this roster.

I did say Ruggiano wouldn't hold up his numbers. He was proving me wrong for a little bit. He's pull-happy and can't really adjust to / hit breaking balls.

But he still gives solid defense, so there's something.

Regardless of Ruggiano's regression and whether he should platoon or not, he's still an infinitely better option than Coghlan in any situation.

I did say Ruggiano wouldn't hold up his numbers. He was proving me wrong for a little bit. He's pull-happy and can't really adjust to / hit breaking balls.

Regardless of Ruggiano's regression and whether he should platoon or not, he's still an infinitely better option than Coghlan in any situation. Can not and will not disagree with that.

Regardless of Ruggiano's regression and whether he should platoon or not, he's still an infinitely better option than Coghlan in any situation.Can not and will not disagree with that.

BFFs!!!! :)