4/10 PostGame

This is not true. He had a decent ERA in spring training but that was pure luck on account of the fact that his WHIP was 1.909. He had a K/9 of 8.6. In other words, spring training did not really show us any signs that Marmol's control has been improved. Sample size is still small in either that case and MLB, but I am not convinced that the Marlins have fixed anything yet. Using him in high leverage roles is idiotic.

Did OK tonight...

I could K two batters looking, too. It was a lucky inning. Full count on four straight hitters.

There's no such thing as a lucky K looking as a pitcher. Like, there never has been and never will be and that makes zero sense.

The only exception would be a terrible call by the plate ump, but Marmol earned those.

I didn't say lucky K, I said lucky inning. I don't think he looked good out there. Just my personal opinion. 24 pitches to retire 4 batters, that ain't good. Did it work? Yeah. But it ain't good.

18 of those were sliders. Jesus. :lol

But anyways, I'm out for the night. Not gonna argue about it, I could just be angry. I'll come back tomorrow and reevaluate things.

I didn't say lucky K, I said lucky inning. I don't think he looked good out there. Just my personal opinion. 24 pitches to retire 4 batters, that ain't good. Did it work? Yeah. But it ain't good.

18 of those were sliders. Jesus. :lol

Slider is his go to pitch, usually more so than the fastball. Always has been, and should be since it's disgusting.

Does it not occur to the both of you that you did the same thing after the Nats game? Like, literally, after one outing everyone went up in arms... It's one appearance. I'm just doing what you did.

You have it backwards. I was referring back to his history whereas you were referring to one game.

And I was clearly being sarcastic... At least I thought it was clear.

Your original post clearly wasn't, because pointing out his success in one game is something that you actually would do.

Also, if you were being sarcastic, you would have made that clarification sooner.