4/15 Post Game

Guest Vince0926

Glad to see Koehler continue his run. The guy is better than some people thought, hopefully he continues. Hand, in the other Hand, should have a short leash I hope.

Hand in his original role as long reliever should be fine. But him being the starter, no matter the reasons why, is awful.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You can draw those conclusions by assessing the talent of the offense. The sample size accumulated thus far tells you very little.

The offense is mediocre at best.

Disagree. The sample size includes both good and bad pitching teams. The sample size is indicative of a good hitting team. The concern is, and should be, on the defense and pitching.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Disagree. The sample size includes both good and bad pitching teams. The sample size is indicative of a good hitting team. The concern is, and should be, on the defense and pitching.

You are ignoring larger sample sizes of production that are more telling than the first 15 games of this year. It's a recency bias, which is a natural inclination, but it's a bias.

You are ignoring larger sample sizes of production that are more telling than the first 15 games of this year. It's a recency bias, which is a natural inclination, but it's a bias.

As with any sample size, it can be distorted in many ways (e.g. increased, decreased). However, considering the distribution regarding the quality of teams I would say it is accurate.

This post makes no sense. If the sample size is too small, it can't be indicative of anything, good or bad.

As with any sample size, it can be distorted in many ways (e.g. increased, decreased). However, considering the distribution regarding the quality of teams I would say it is accurate.

Huh? It's almost like you don't get the concept of what a "small" sample size entails. Dietrich is not going to finish the season with an OBP of .429.

Or maybe I am missing what you are saying because it's not phrased well.

This post makes no sense. If the sample size is too small, it can't be indicative of anything, good or bad.

If you conclude it's too small then you'd be correct. However, if you make that conclusion then you'd wrong, making your post pointless.

If you conclude it's too small then you'd be correct. However, if you make that conclusion then you'd wrong, making your post pointless.

I don't follow what you are saying. You aren't conveying your thoughts very clearly.

The sample size is too small to say that the offense his succeeding. You can conclude that the offense is mediocre at best by looking at the massive amount of data that exists before these 15 games and base your projects upon that. This is common sense stuff.

Huh? It's almost like you don't get the concept of what a "small" sample size entails. Dietrich is not going to finish the season with an OBP of .429.

Or maybe I am missing what you are saying because it's not phrased well.

No it's phrased correctly. A sample size is one that is selected based on its characteristics relevant to the size. My position is that you can select any sample size that you want but the sample size selected is sufficient to conclude the offense is not mediocre but is good and we'll be so. 3 runs again tonight. The loss tonight was, again due to poor pitching and defense.

No it's phrased correctly. A sample size is one that is selected based on its characteristics relevant to the size. My position is that you can select any sample size that you want but the sample size selected is sufficient to conclude the offense is not mediocre but is good and we'll be so. 3 runs again tonight. The loss tonight was, again due to poor pitching and defense.

You clearly don't know anything about statistics. A sample of 15 games cannot provide you with enough data to assess the performance of the offense with a reasonable degree of confidence.

I don't follow what you are saying. You aren't conveying your thoughts very clearly.

The sample size is too small to say that the offense his succeeding. You can conclude that the offense is mediocre at best by looking at the massive amount of data that exists before these 15 games and base your projects upon that. This is common sense stuff.

No, that's incorrect. You're basing your conclusion on previous years that have no bearing on this year's statistics. You can make your position but to conclude yours is common sense is an exaggeration.

You clearly don't know anything about statistics. A sample of 15 games cannot provide you with enough data to assess the performance of the offense with a reasonable degree of confidence.

That's funny. I would draw the same conclusion about you. I've already stated my position with respect to the teams played. You've stated your position which is clearly erroneous. Therefore, there is nothing left to do but agree to disagree.

No, that's incorrect. You're basing your conclusion on previous years that have no bearing on this year's statistics. You can make your position but to conclude yours is common sense is an exaggeration.

What on earth are you talking about? Statistics from previous seasons are used all of the time in order to project the caliber of an offense in the following season. At this point we can still only project because a sample size of 15 games is wholly insufficient in telling you anything with confidence.

That's funny. I would draw the same conclusion about you. I've already stated my position with respect to the teams played. You've stated your position which is clearly erroneous. Therefore, there is nothing left to do but agree to disagree.

How does this respond to anything that I just said?

I'm not sure how you can say this. Only three teams have scored more runs than us so far this year, and we're third in hits. Out of our regular line-up, we've only one player hitting below .280.

Last night was always going to happen. The losing streak happened because of poor pitching, fielding errors, some bits of bad luck, and some bad calls. The offense is fine, any may even get better when Furcal (and to a lesser extent, Lucas) returns and we can start to give Jones quite a few days off.

If anything, Furcal will make the offense worse.

I was holding back saying it, but those are some of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this board. By his logic, we should conclude with confidence that the Marlins will finish 2nd in the league in terms of runs scored per game. Or 4th in OPS.

I gave up on the discussion on the last page.

I was holding back saying it, but those are some of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this board. By his logic, we should conclude with confidence that the Marlins will finish 2nd in the league in terms of runs scored per game. Or 4th in OPS.

I agree your posts are dumb. I mean seriously, past numbers are before the season starts. Based your skewed logic there's no point in playing out the season because the past data have already concluded what will take place this year. So why don't you go tell MLB how you figured how every team will do and that there's no point to playing this year. Absolutely, moronic to read your texts. I'm done with your posts. It's obvious having a rational conversation is not going to happen.

I feel like I am less intelligent after reading this discussion. The Marlins could score 100 more runs this year than they did last year and still have one of the worst offenses in baseball. Our offense is not good.

Then you've made point clear that no matter what they do, you don't like their offense so, numbers are not relevant to you. Ok. Good to know.

You have to be trolling at this point. I'm convinced of that now. You have to be SomethingFishy or someone else who was banned for posting idiotic things nonstop.

If you are being serious, I challenge you to find one person on this board who endorses your line of thinking.

You have to be trolling at this point. I'm convinced of that now. You have to be SomethingFishy or someone else who was banned for posting idiotic things nonstop.

If you are being serious, I challenge you to find one person on this board who endorses your line of thinking.

One, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't troll. Maybe that's something you feel you need to say because you have no valid response. Fine.

As for your second statement, I don't need or care who agrees with my position. I can stand on my own position without the need of approval by others. But if that helps you feel better, get all the approval you need.