4/15 Post Game

Guest Vince0926

Holy hell the douche level is high in this thread. I mean the response from pretty much everybody in this thread is just awful. It's amazing that we can't act like adults when discussing the team. I respect everybody's opinions on here, and when I don't agree with someone I bring up my own points and try to do so without calling people idiots, trolls, etc... here. If somebody doesn't understand certain stats, MAYBE we could, I don't know, try and explain them to one another so that the baseball talk here becomes well rounded and knowledgeable. The name calling I see on here all the time just alienates people.

Holy hell the douche level is high in this thread. I mean the response from pretty much everybody in this thread is just awful. It's amazing that we can't act like adults when discussing the team. I respect everybody's opinions on here, and when I don't agree with someone I bring up my own points and try to do so without calling people idiots, trolls, etc... here. If somebody doesn't understand certain stats, MAYBE we could, I don't know, try and explain them to one another so that the baseball talk here becomes well rounded and knowledgeable. The name calling I see on here all the time just alienates people.

You've been here since 2008, you know that's not possible.

Agreed.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

There is hardly any namecalling in this thread. It's just polluted by that guy's nonsensical remarks about past statistics not mattering and the belief that a sample size of 15 games is reliable and telling.

There is hardly any namecalling in this thread. It's just polluted by that guy's nonsensical remarks about past statistics not mattering and the belief that a sample size of 15 games is reliable and telling.

Remember when we won the division in 2009 after 15 games? We were 11-4. Emilio Bonifacio won MVP. Good times.

And yet you feel the curious need to engage this guy and reply again and again to all these nonsensical remarks. You could learn to let it go sometimes.

I am going to do a "Fun with sample size" experiment.

For the year, Hechavarria is hitting .302/.338/.413 in 63 at bats to this point, thanks in no small part to a ridiculous first 5 games.

In those first 5 games, he hit .579/.550/.684 in 19 at bats.

In the 13 games since, including tonight, he is hitting .182/.250/.295.

So these sample sizes show that it is silly to proclaim a player either "great" or "awful" based on 1/8th of a season, just as it is silly to proclaim a hitting coach a superior mind and difference maker over the same time frame.