April 11, 201511 yr I like Red. Part of being a good manager is being a good people person, and the players love Red. There has been times (*cough* Fredi *cough*) that the players didn't respect the manager and it showed. I don't have too many issues with Redmond's in game play moves, and this game is on Phelps and Dyson and the bullpen failing today. It happens. Redmond's a good long term manager. I don't deny that the ability to get along with players is important, but I think that's trait that is very easy to find. Baseball IQ on the other hand....
April 11, 201511 yr Have the Marlins offered Rich or Tommy the job yet? Tommy is the only person who might actually be worse than Redmond. I said Rich or Tommy because after all these year, I still don't know who's who.
April 11, 201511 yr Tommy is the grey-haired temper tantrum throwing color commentator. Rich is the play-by-play guy who just casually agrees with whatever Tommy says as he calls the game.
April 11, 201511 yr players need to execute. that's the bottom line. a total of 3 runs in 4 of our first 5 games is pathetic. red has nothing to do with that as the lineup that went out there is pretty much the lineup that any manager would have run out there. we score a measly 3 runs in games 1,3, and 5 and we're sitting at 4-1. this is pretty much square on the shoulders of the players.
April 12, 201511 yr People are shocked that Red still has some issues with in game issues when he is still a neophyte manager. Truly shocked.
April 12, 201511 yr Edwin was really good. Yea, he quit, but dude absolutely deserves another managerial gig.. speaking of future managers I've always thought Espada would be a tremendous coach ala Dave Martinez and Oquindo (Sp?) from STL. Edwin Rodriguez got a fucking raw deal. Much like Fredi got a fucking raw deal when that jackass Loria fired him. I actually like Red a lot. I think he will be a damn good manager one of these days, it just will probably be in Minnesota after he gets fired when Loria gets impatient later this month and then when Molitor has enough in Minnesota after they hire Red to be on that staff.
April 12, 201511 yr Edwin was one of the best we've had. Rarely did he make stupid in game decisions and he did wonders with an absolute shit team. Edwin wasnt intimidated or afraid to make the right call as a manager. He had so many games of experience in the minor league system (you know how it used to be done). He just had the unfortunate circumstance of having an utterly terrible team and having to deal with Loria when he may have been at his worst in terms of tyrancial rule.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.