Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gonna go ahead and say it: Mike Redmond is the worst Marlins manager ever

Featured Replies

This season alone already this guy has proven he has no idea how to play small ball, he has no clue how to manage a bullpen or a staff, he makes horrible in game decisions and he has no feel for the game. Some of the decisions he makes are just mind blowing. Fairly certain a lot of people on this board could do a better job.

 

 

Jeff Torborg would be the answer here if he had a longer tenure (and could still be the answer since he was followed by a World Series manager).

 

Fredi would be up there if he wasn't the last manager to get 88 wins for us.

 

The answer is Ozzie Guillen. I love the guy, but that season was a train wreck, and it really started with the stupid Castro comments, and everything during the season was just pathetic. I don't think there's ever been a more underwhelming campaign by a manager here.

 

 

  • Author
Jeff Torborg would be the answer here if he had a longer tenure (and could still be the answer since he was followed by a World Series manager).

 

Fredi would be up there if he wasn't the last manager to get 88 wins for us.

 

The answer is Ozzie Guillen. I love the guy, but that season was a train wreck, and it really started with the stupid Castro comments, and everything during the season was just pathetic. I don't think there's ever been a more underwhelming campaign by a manager here.

 

​That's a good point. But in terms of baseball IQ, it has to be Redmond. You'd think this guy would know the game a bit better than he does since he's spent his life playing it, especially when it comes to pitchers since he was a catcher. I guess some former players just aren't cut out to be managers.

 

 

Redmond is an awful game manager, but seems to do well with his players. In game managing, he's terrible, maybe the worst. But in between games, he seems to be doing a great job with his guys.

 

 

I like Red. Part of being a good manager is being a good people person, and the players love Red. There has been times (*cough* Fredi *cough*) that the players didn't respect the manager and it showed. I don't have too many issues with Redmond's in game play moves, and this game is on Phelps and Dyson and the bullpen failing today. It happens. Redmond's a good long term manager.

 

 

Red shouldn't have taken out Haren, but the entire bullpen (save for Morris) flat out sucked.

 

Mike Dunn is our best reliever so far.

 

Mike Dunn.

 

 

Edwin Rodriguez was my favorite manager. I don't get why people are giving Red shit. Maybe I missed something, but I don't think anyone could've guessed we'd blow a 7 run lead like that. He was probably trying to rest Haren. Idk how many pitches he had cuz I wasn't watching the game, but I don't think he's responsible for a total bullpen collapse

 

 

Edwin was really good. Yea, he quit, but dude absolutely deserves another managerial gig.. speaking of future managers I've always thought Espada would be a tremendous coach ala Dave Martinez and Oquindo (Sp?) from STL.

 

 

Red shouldn't have taken out Haren, but the entire bullpen (save for Morris) flat out sucked.

 

Mike Dunn is our best reliever so far.

 

Mike Dunn.

 

Shrek was actually pretty good. Two bloops hits did him in but his stuff had great movement

 

 

Red shouldn't have taken out Haren, but the entire bullpen (save for Morris) flat out sucked.

 

Mike Dunn is our best reliever so far.

 

Mike Dunn.

 

Shrek was actually pretty good. Two bloops hits did him in but his stuff had great movement

 

​Sure, but that's today. His last outing ended with him having an ERA over Matt Latos.

 

 

Boles was awesome. He was very alert. Those eyes...

 

​My father knew Boles, Boles wife gave my father a signed Gary Sheffield baseball bat to give me ,sold it for $250 on ebay in 2003. Wish I had kept it. But yeah those eyes. The limbo days of the Marlins

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.