Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015 - 2016 Florida Panthers season

Featured Replies

Yeah I'm starting this thread too. I know it will probably teeter out, but, why not?

 

The Panthers begin this season with one goal in mind....making the playoffs. They came within 7 points last season of making the playoffs after having 2 abysmal seasons prior to that one. Lead by the youth, the Panthers improved their point totals in the standings by 25 points, a league high. This year, everyone is looking at the playoffs as an important step this team has to make. They have a few veterans on their team who will be relied upon to help this team get to the next level, Jagr, Campbell, Mitchell, Luongo, MacKenzie, Bolland, Jokinen, Montoya, and Thornton are all the veterans that this team is looking for to help provide leadership to the youth and key play to make it into the playoff level.

 

But this team is all about youth. It will go as far as the youth on it takes them. Several players 24 years and younger entering this season will determine where this team will end up this year, and for years to come. A few key names in this group are Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Barkov, Kulikov, Gudbranson, Ekblad, Smith, and Pirri. Not to mention several other lower profile young players that will be counted on to raise this team to playoff level.

 

So with that, let's have a good, successful, fun season, for the Florida Panthers.

 

Game one of this journey begins tonight.  :lol   :heart   :)

 

 

So we scored 7 goals the first night and then get shut out by the same team the next game. Panthers hockey. 

 

 

For what it's worth, I actually like this team a lot this year and think they're going to make the playoffs. 

 

*unless if Luongo gets injured then they're fucked.*

 

 

So we scored 7 goals the first night and then get shut out by the same team the next game. Panthers hockey. 

 

For what it's worth, Neuvirth just shut out the Hawks too. At least we beat Carolina, like we should

 

 

I loved how Gallant challenged that play at the end. It was a troll move, he did it to make them stay out on the ice and do their job.

 

First of all, Goldstein and Potvin piss me off. That goal by Smith was definitely a goal, but it definitely didn't hit an elbow. It also definitely didn't hit a stick. It hit his glove. 

 

It did seem as though the referee refused to review the goal by Kessel, and there was a legitimate reason to review it. Kessel appeared to play the puck with a high stick... or it appeared to hit his glove. i.e. the exact same scenario of Reilly Smith.

 

That disallowed goal where Luongo was pushed... I'm not so sure it should've been disallowed. He was definitely pushed, but I think the puck might've already been in the net before that became an issue. 

 

Huberdeau didn't commit a cross check, fellow dropped his stick and flopped into the boards like a fresh caught fish. Should've been an extra call for embellishment.

 

That was an abysmal night of refereeing. 

 

 

I could be wrong (I usually am whenever I'm positive about this team), but I do think this is a pretty good team this year. The 4th line scored the two goals to tie it tonight. I think that's a good sign. 

 

Scoring isn't the best, but I don't think it'll be a huge issue as it's been in years past. And, obviously, Luongo is pretty reliable in net so that's good.

 

 

Also, it's much better when Thornton doesn't play. Can he retire and replace Potvin in the booth? That'd be great.

 

 

This team is the real deal. Even with adversity tonight, they made something of it.

 

Lost to Dallas, barely, which is one of the best teams in the league.

 

They've otherwise been so solid defensively. The offense is average, but I think it could be enough. A lot depends upon how sustainable the offense we've seen so far is. Most of it has been Barkov carrying the team (make no mistake, I know Jagr has been very involved and amazing, but it's Barkov's youthfulness that is utilizing Jagr, not the other way round). 

 

 

Hai guise!!!

 

Man, you guys so are much more positive compared to HF Boards lmao.

 

 

My mind is blown on the Jagr penalty versus Chicago. 

 

He fucking pet his stick, and the dude fell over. And they called it hooking.

 

 

I genuinely do believe this team is facing a lot of adversity, and it's not just them being bad. They actually have looked mediocre versus Chicago, though. 

 

 

I wasn't on the blame Gallant bandwagon last year as some on hfboards, but that's only because I was more into blaming Tallon.

 

However, as I said before, I think this team is good enough to make the playoffs as constructed, and I'm already getting annoyed by some of Gallant's decisions. I didn't get inserting Thornton for Brickley when the team had momentum last week rolling four lines.

 

Also, I definitely don't understand why Al Montoya is starting tonight against Dallas. Is this his way of giving up on the game before it even starts? Luongo should be starting this game unless he's hurt. I don't get it. 

 

 

6 goals without Barkov! Montoya with 33 saves and a win! Gallant is genius! I knew it!!!!! . . . 

 

 

I wasn't on the blame Gallant bandwagon last year as some on hfboards, but that's only because I was more into blaming Tallon.

 

However, as I said before, I think this team is good enough to make the playoffs as constructed, and I'm already getting annoyed by some of Gallant's decisions. I didn't get inserting Thornton for Brickley when the team had momentum last week rolling four lines.

 

Also, I definitely don't understand why Al Montoya is starting tonight against Dallas. Is this his way of giving up on the game before it even starts? Luongo should be starting this game unless he's hurt. I don't get it. 

 

Gallant has been fine. Blaming the coach for the Florida Panthers hasn't made sense since Jacques Martin was in the house. Not that we haven't had bad coaches (DeBoer and Dineen were both pretty bad, albeit opposite). But Jacques Martin was the last time a coach was directly the reason a team sucked, so far as I can remember.

 

Al Montoya was starting because it's good to keep an aging Luongo from having too many starts too early in the season. And it's good to get Montoya some action so he isn't a ball of rust. Face it... he's bad but he's our backup. The defense is good. I'm glad they're getting him in there some. 

 

 

Nice convincing win against a bad Avs team. Hopefully Jagr is back for Friday

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.