Mattingly's relationship with Loria

Marlins players have complained about the front office at times in past years, but that hasn’t happened this year. Whereas associates of Mike Redmond and Dan Jennings said Jeffrey Loria meddled, that has not been the case now, Don Mattingly said.

“He doesn't bother me at all with lineups; nobody does,” Mattingly said. “It's been excellent. If he's in town, he usually comes in and says hello. We talk maybe once a week or something. It's been really good. Obviously, he's not worrying about the day to day every game like [president/baseball operations] Mike Hill. I am sure they are communicating with Jeffrey. It's been really good. I really like Jeffrey.”

Miami Herald

Guest Vince0926
It's only because the team isn't bad. If the team was bad we would be reading a different blurb.

they cant beat Atlanta. they are not exactly good either.

Guest Vince0926
They beat the best team in baseball. So they are clearly better than the best team in baseball. Oh wait that's not how this sport works. Downie.

downie brownie paper pick upper.

It's only because the team isn't bad. If the team was bad we would be reading a different blurb.

Yes but maybe Donnie has played a role in the team not being bad? It's kind of a chicken or the egg question. Is the team playing well because the manager is good or is the manager good because the team is playing well? I think it's a little of both this year.