Pythagoras

Admin

"We are what our record says we are."

"Playoffs?  PLAYOFFS?"

Never more true as applied to the Marlins.  Over the majority of a season, we've scored three fewer runs than our opponent.  Which means we should have a .500 record. Which is exactly what we have.  

This is an eminently mediocre team with no business going to the playoffs...

"Playoffs?  PLAYOFFS?"

Never more true as applied to the Marlins.  Over the majority of a season, we've scored three fewer runs than our opponent.  Which means we should have a .500 record. Which is exactly what we have.  

Thankfully for us, so are the rest of the WC teams.

"Playoffs?  PLAYOFFS?"

Not good enough. Need the Jim Mora clip.

[uSER=13640]@GablesMarlin[/uSER] serious question... why do you still come on here and post if you hate this team so much? Nobody is forcing you to be so miserable here.

Serious question... You are all giddy when Hill makes stupid, idiotic trades that make little baseball sense and you give people who correctly criticize the trades a hard time.  Why do you hate logic and common sense so much?

Their best pace was before all the injuries happened at once. They were near +20 in the run differential department before everything fell apart. 

Which isn't even that good. Apparently they were +22 around July 31st. If I'm not mistaken that correlates with a 84.5 win team.

Serious question... You are all giddy when Hill makes stupid, idiotic trades that make little baseball sense and you give people who correctly criticize the trades a hard time.  Why do you hate logic and common sense so much?

First of all, my question to you literally was serious and you refused to answer it. I was trying to communicate with you. Secondly, all that you described about me doesn't sound like me. When have I hated logic and common sense or given people a hard time?

I agree with this, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't make the playoffs if they can. 

Yeah but their chances of making the playoffs are like 3% right now.

It's not impossible but I'd say it's highly unlikely they make it. It's more that they are the mercy of the Cardinals and Mets fucking up than anything else.

Yeah but their chances of making the playoffs are like 3% right now.

It's not impossible but I'd say it's highly unlikely they make it. It's more that they are the mercy of the Cardinals and Mets fucking up than anything else.

Pretty much everyone (besides the select few who like to remind us the season is over every 5 minutes) ... including [uSER=2328]@SilverBullet1929[/uSER] and I has said the chances of the playoffs are very slim. We are just saying there is a chance, a tiny one but a chance.

Pretty much everyone (besides the select few who like to remind us the season is over every 5 minutes) ... including [uSER=2328]@SilverBullet1929[/uSER] and I has said the chances of the playoffs are very slim. We are just saying there is a chance, a tiny one but a chance.

Sure, I don't disagree. The chance is like 2-3% right now.