Stanton to the Mets??

The Dolphins don't play in Miami (Miami Gardens is just about as far from Miami as you can get while still being in Dade)

True but the Dolphins aren't named the Miami Dolphins of Miami Gardens. The Angels are named Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. While stealing the Los Angeles name they still make it fairly clear that they don't actually play in Los Angeles.

True but the Dolphins aren't named the Miami Dolphins of Miami Gardens. The Angels are named Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. While stealing the Los Angeles name they still make it fairly clear that they don't actually play in Los Angeles.

I think as metropolitan areas get bigger and bigger (suburbs getting larger and spread out), more and more team names will go like Golden State Warriors. Maybe Orange County Angels. The Rays and Bucs chose Tampa Bay which is more ambiguous than Tampa. I remember when the Marlins changed their name to Miami, a lot of Broward and Palm Beach fans felt slighted. The cities names are all about marketing anyways. 

As for Stanton, I think he wants to be home. Whenever the Marlins go to LA (Dodgers) they run through his childhood there (e.g. going to games with his father), and it's too much of who he is. LA has his sentiments. His twitter made in 2010 (when he was with the Marlins) also references Los Angeles area code. When Nolasco went to the Dodgers ("home" for him as much as Anaheim would be to Stanton), Stanton was "pissed" (remember his twitter post). I think he just felt somewhat envious of Ricky and subliminally telling the Marlins to send him too. Either way, he only likes Miami because that is where his money comes and the NTC was not required so he stays with Marlins, but rather allows him to control his destination (while also getting his contract now).

As for Stanton, I think he wants to be home. Whenever the Marlins go to LA (Dodgers) they run through his childhood there (e.g. going to games with his father), and it's too much of who he is. LA has his sentiments. His twitter made in 2010 (when he was with the Marlins) also references Los Angeles area code. When Nolasco went to the Dodgers ("home" for him as much as Anaheim would be to Stanton), Stanton was "pissed" (remember his twitter post). I think he just felt somewhat envious of Ricky and subliminally telling the Marlins to send him too. Either way, he only likes Miami because that is where his money comes and the NTC was not required so he stays with Marlins, but rather allows him to control his destination (while also getting his contract now).

The "pissed " twitter post wasn't a reaction to the Nolasco trade. The rest is just speculation on your part. You more than once said "I think..." and then just make guesses from there. I don't know what's in Stanton's mind as far as playing here vs playing in California but the assumption that he would love to play there is just too easy to make. It could be right but it could easily be wrong. The NTC also means nothing in this case. No one has ever said it's there because he wants to stay here.

I think as metropolitan areas get bigger and bigger (suburbs getting larger and spread out), more and more team names will go like Golden State Warriors. Maybe Orange County Angels. The Rays and Bucs chose Tampa Bay which is more ambiguous than Tampa. I remember when the Marlins changed their name to Miami, a lot of Broward and Palm Beach fans felt slighted. The cities names are all about marketing anyways. 

That makes no freaking sense.  He has said himself that the whole LA thing is over blown and that he loves Miami and South Beach in particular.  If he didn't like it here he wouldn't have signed that contract.  There were all kinds of rumors of him being shopped before he signed that contract. He knew he wasn't going to be here much longer if they didn't extend him.  He could have easily forced the Marlins hand. Instead, he chose to sign a 10 year contract.  Yes, he has an opt out clause, but that has more to do with Loria and his commitment to spending money and winning than going to LA.  

That makes no freaking sense.  He has said himself that the whole LA thing is over blown and that he loves Miami and South Beach in particular.  If he didn't like it here he wouldn't have signed that contract.  There were all kinds of rumors of him being shopped before he signed that contract. He knew he wasn't going to be here much longer if they didn't extend him.  He could have easily forced the Marlins hand. Instead, he chose to sign a 10 year contract.  Yes, he has an opt out clause, but that has more to do with Loria and his commitment to spending money and winning than going to LA.  

All of this... yes... thank you! The Stanton to Cali stuff is so overblown and fabricated it's not even funny.