Greg Cote with an article praising Jeter's plan, 3 days after writing an article tearing him up

SilverBullet

We could joke and say the propaganda machine is working but I think this says something strong about how the actions and attitudes of the organization's players, coaching staff, and front office is going to dictate what the media and the fan base thinks now that the offseason is over... 

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article200930569.html?share=other#storylink=rss

We could joke and say the propaganda machine is working but I think this says something strong about how the actions and attitudes of the organization's players, coaching staff, and front office is going to dictate what the media and the fan base thinks now that the offseason is over... 

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/greg-cote/article200930569.html?share=other#storylink=rss

Will I be getting some type of royalties if this PROPAGANDA thing continues to pick up steam?  

:cat

I don't have any comment about this column but latest one was too much harsh, full of hostility. I was so doubtful whether he was a columnist or not.

The first article showed blind, anger-driven hostility... the second article showed what came about after actually seeing Jeter's product in their first moments of spring training and that was a glimmer of hope, and the possiblity that maybe, just maybe, Jeter was right and that the next steps can only be upward.

To me, the story between those two articles says a lot. 

The first article showed blind, anger-driven hostility... the second article showed what came about after actually seeing Jeter's product in their first moments of spring training and that was a glimmer of hope, and the possiblity that maybe, just maybe, Jeter was right and that the next steps can only be upward.

To me, the story between those two articles says a lot. 

This.  I think the article shows just how much blind hatred there was for blowing up last years team even though it was terrible.  Ive been saying for months now the best PR this team could do is just to play games both at the major league level and in the minors so the names we got could actually show their value rather than having to take the word of Hill/Denbo/Jeter at face value because there is just no trust between the fans and them yet (understandably).