Souza to D-backs in 3-way deal

SonOfJack

Man I truly think Rays fans have it worse than us. It's constantly taking steps backwards and seemingly never forwards. This ultimately is what Jeter has to avoid with the Marlins. 

I think they were in the right direction this offseason actually, but this one is confusing.  I think they know how they need to be built and they are ruthless in the way in which they do it.  I wish they could get a retractable roof stadium though actually in tampa and not in st pete.  

They still do have Archer and a few other solid rotation pieces, 2 top 15-20 prospects, and a top 10 farm system overall.   I thought they were gonna be not too terrible this year before this trade, but now i see them as 5-10 games under .500.  I dont think its as bad as people make it out to be.

Actually after looking at their depth chart i could see them being .500 and hang around the wild card fringe until september.  Adames and Honeywell are really fucking good prospects and Archer's contract i think might be the most valuable in baseball for a non-team controlled guy.

They've just released Dickerson, traded Longo, Sousa and Odorizzi, let Cobb and Morrison go as free agents and they have Hechavarria as shortstop! They're going to give the Marlins a run for the money for that top pick in 2019

Not to mention they have to play Boston and New York almost 40 times.

They've just released Dickerson, traded Longo, Sousa and Odorizzi, let Cobb and Morrison go as free agents and they have Hechavarria as shortstop! They're going to give the Marlins a run for the money for that top pick in 2019

They still have Archer, Honeywell will be up to start the year as a top 10 prospect in baseball, Adames too as another middle infielder (SS by trade) who is a top 15-20 prospect in baseball, and other rotation pieces that . are quite solid.  I'd put their over/under at around 75 but wouldnt be shocked if they over performed that.  Dickerson isnt nearly as good as people are making him out to be, Longoria has been merely average with the bat for 3 of the last 4 years, and Odorizzi from everything ive read has regressed and has never developed an ability to go deep into games, although he is a good starter.  Cobb is really good and will be missed by them, but i'd bet quite a bit of money on Morrison never coming close to the type of production he had last year in a contract year.  He's never come anywhere close to the production in his career.  Their lineup leaves something to be desired, but that team develops young talent extremely well and I think Adames will be a star.

Their rotation still has archer, honeywell, Blake Snell who is fairly reliable albeit not spectacular, and Jake Faria who is a guy who came up last year and pitched really well.