In game audio

THRILLHO

The attendance today was only like 500 more than yesterday so its possible but id view it as unlikely.  I think it was mostly due to the team we were playing.  Just my opinion, but its pretty obvious that any team in this market will be supported when they succeed and wont be supported (attendance wise) when they dont. Its the same with every team in this market so we might just live in a very fair weather market.   They can and will try little things to eek out every last fan at the gates going forward, but I think its very unlikely that we do anything off the field that will significantly impact that, aside from maybe a showing from the front office that the team will be built and maintained differently moving forward.

Yes but in the time that the team isn't succeeding on the field if a celebrity bobblehead day had a boost in attendance then it's worth them trying a few more celebrity bobbleheads here and there. It's a decent marketing experiment I think. 

Yes but in the time that the team isn't succeeding on the field if a celebrity bobblehead day had a boost in attendance then it's worth them trying a few more celebrity bobbleheads here and there. It's a decent marketing experiment I think. 

Oh dont get me wrong i have no problem with gimmicks like this as the new regime is trying to experiment with different things, i just dont think its going to move the needle much.  but id love to be wrong about it.  

The more I think about it, the more I think we're selling the celebrity bobbleheads short.

Imagine you walk into your local Miami Walmart and there's Billy The Marlin and he's handing out your choice of one bobblehead, either Pitbull or JT Realmuto, to every person who walks into that store.

Essentially everyone on this forum will take the Realmuto bobblehead... but how about the rest of the regular people walking into that store?

I don't think it's hard to believe that the majority of those people will choose the Pitbull bobblehead. 

I see what you're saying, but there is a difference between the casual fan seeing one in the store and liking it as a cheap gimmick and going out and spending a sunday buying tickets and food and going out to the ballpark just to get the bobblehead.

I see what you're saying, but there is a difference between the casual fan seeing one in the store and liking it as a cheap gimmick and going out and spending a sunday buying tickets and food and going out to the ballpark just to get the bobblehead.

Not necessarily. I'm not saying all of the people in that store will buy tickets to get the celebrity bobblehead but I'm just saying that more people will want the celebrity bobblehead than we realize and out of all those people someone will buy tickets especially compared to how many people will buy tickets for a baseball bobblehead. 

Not necessarily. I'm not saying all of the people in that store will buy tickets to get the celebrity bobblehead but I'm just saying that more people will want the celebrity bobblehead than we realize and out of all those people someone will buy tickets especially compared to how many people will buy tickets for a baseball bobblehead. 

I think that's a fair point.  To the strictly baseball crowd, a celebrity bobblehead is stupid.  But to a non baseball person, it might be something they want.