COD Modern Warfare

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't played a minute of any call of duty in my life but I got this one for my son as a birthday gift.

Is he liking it? I didn't enjoy it and returned it. Luckily bought it somewhere that took returns. I am back on Black Ops 4.

Is he liking it? I didn't enjoy it and returned it. Luckily bought it somewhere that took returns. I am back on Black Ops 4.

He says yes but I'm not sure because he goes back to Fortnite all the damn time. He's just a kid but man he frustrates me with his gaming habits. Asks me repeatedly for a new game then gets it and goes back to Fortnite. Kids don't appreciate their gifts anymore. Fuck me.

He says yes but I'm not sure because he goes back to Fortnite all the damn time. He's just a kid but man he frustrates me with his gaming habits. Asks me repeatedly for a new game then gets it and goes back to Fortnite. Kids don't appreciate their gifts anymore. Fuck me.

Fortnite blows, I don't understand the fascination people (mainly kids) have with it.

But as a fortnite fan, I can't see him enjoying a game like MW. It is very tactical and fortnite is not tactical.

Some games just have that grip on people.

Fortnite blows, I don't understand the fascination people (mainly kids) have with it.

It seems to be a rather simple game all told. *shrug*

Some games just have that grip on people.

That's Apex Legends for me. I mix COD, MLB and other games in, but almost always go back to Apex for the majority of my playing time. And that is a free game, so it is kinda funny how I spend less time on games I paid for.

But as a fortnite fan, I can't see him enjoying a game like MW. It is very tactical and fortnite is not tactical.

I think he only wants COD because he hears others talking about it, I dont think he truly cares for it. Another pet peeve of mine with him. I never bought games that didn't truly interest me.

As for Fortnite I haven't played 10 seconds of it but I think the free to play aspect and the stupid dances are addicting to the kids. I don't think anything about the game itself is so bad but I can see why it hooks them.

As for Fortnite I haven't played 10 seconds of it but I think the free to play aspect and the stupid dances are addicting to the kids. I don't think anything about the game itself is so bad but I can see why it hooks them.

It being free to play definitely helped though other free to play games have failed. The kids love those flashy looking skins and the dances yeah. Some kids burn up all their allowance and gift money on virtual items for that game.

It being free to play definitely helped though other free to play games have failed. The kids love those flashy looking skins and the dances yeah. Some kids burn up all their allowance and gift money on virtual items for that game.

I hate how often he asks me for things in that game. And worse because the majority of them, if not all of them, are just cosmetic things. They don't do anything to enhance gameplay or make the game any better. It's all just new visual things.

I wanna say the game is geared towards kids and that's why you guys didn't like it but the amount of adults who are addicted to it makes me think I might be wrong.

I'm like @rmc523 probably, I sucked at it so I didn't like it. It is possible I would have liked it more if I didn't get my ass handed to me every time I tried.

I'm like @rmc523 probably, I sucked at it so I didn't like it. It is possible I would have liked it more if I didn't get my ass handed to me every time I tried.

My younger brother plays it with his friends and is much better than I am at it. His theory with why he does ok and why I suck at it is that I started playing well after it first came out, whereas he played it pretty early on. And since he played it early on, he learned how to "get good" at it while everyone was learning how to do that too - in other words, when everyone was roughly on the same "level" of play/skill/ability. Fast forward to months or whatever later when I tried to play - I have no idea what I'm doing, playing against others that have played for months and know exactly what to do, where things are, how to build, etc. And since I keep dying right away all the time, I'm not encouraged to put more effort into it to get better.

My younger brother plays it with his friends and is much better than I am at it. His theory with why he does ok and why I suck at it is that I started playing well after it first came out, whereas he played it pretty early on. And since he played it early on, he learned how to "get good" at it while everyone was learning how to do that too - in other words, when everyone was roughly on the same "level" of play/skill/ability. Fast forward to months or whatever later when I tried to play - I have no idea what I'm doing, playing against others that have played for months and know exactly what to do, where things are, how to build, etc. And since I keep dying right away all the time, I'm not encouraged to put more effort into it to get better.

He sounds right. You have to get into a game like that early or you'll have a really hard time learning things and improving unless it becomes a job.