AJ's replacement?

Teal Shadow

Here's a question that could make or break the season:

*Would you bring up LHP Dontrelle Willis from Double A and let him learn at the team expenses. He's going to have his ups and down. Probable get knock around, well also looking unhittable. Have another lefty in the rotation and leave Tejera in the pen.

*Bring up RHP Justin Wayne from Triple A. He has control of four good pitches. He look good at times last year when he got the call but other times just couldn't get an out. He's fastball is very hittable. Justin would be next in line of top pitching prospects. He has looked OK in Triple A.

*Put Tejera in the rotation. Tejera looks great last year as start for the first four inning of games but when time was running out on teams. He could make his pitch, as you can see when his in the pen and is brought in with runners on base. They 9 times out 10 score. Tejera would give the Marlins early innings and would give the team that second lefty.

*Go with a four man rotation?

*Trade for a pitcher? A veteran pitcher yes and young pitcher no but who?

I would go with Dontrelle Willis. He's your future. Its early and the lump he takes now will help him and the team down the road. Tereja has had his chances and is really struggling. Plus, he the only long relief they got dwon there. Wayne has to be "ON" to be an effective pitcher. Willis is my pick

thoughts??

I say Willis too. He has been awesome to date in AA, and it would be interesting to see how he does in the Majors. His effective/ineffective ratio would be just as good/bad as Tejera's is in the Bigs. Wayne wasn't that good as I recall when called up last September.

Chuck Finley is still on the market...

Chuck Finley is still on the market...

If he turned down a team like The Cardinals who were offering a great contract and The Phils too

what do you think he would do to a team that does not have enough money to spend.

He just went through a horrible divorse, I think he's done with baseball

In the Marlins Website is says that Wayne is pitching in Arizona V.S. the Elmer dessens....i hope its true. I really like how he pitches and has matured a whole lot.

They said Tejera is starting in an article but i think he pitched today in relief.

He pitched only one out. I don't know who is starting.

Go Justin. I think the team would be better off with him in the rotation and Tejera in the bullpen. I'm no fan of Tommy Phelps.

As for DW, I love him - but I would not rush him. Give him some more time. If we need him, we can always bring him up later in the year.

Guest Guest

Sorry, but I hope Wayne stinks up the place. Would serve the Marlins right!!

Go Diamondbacks!!

I thought you were a Marlins fan? :blink:

Guest Jack1

Nope, not really a Marlin's fan...just several of the players in the minor league system. Once those guys are traded or are not longer with the Marlins, I'll never even give the Marlin's a second thought!! Along with many, many other people!! LOL :D

Nope, not really a Marlin's fan...just several of the players in the minor league system. Once those guys are traded or are not longer with the Marlins, I'll never even give the Marlin's a second thought!! Along with many, many other people!! LOL :D

huh?

Stop critizing them.. Loria got Pudge.. team is 13-13 so they're doing good for your info.. You sound like a Loria hater tho? Expos fan? :mischief2

Guys, give him a break - if I remember correctly, he is from Maine (like I am) and a supporter of the Sea Dogs while they were affiliated with the Marlins. He was frustrated last year because they brought up a newcomer in Wayne (who had an ERA of over 5 while pitching in Portland) versus someone who better earned a call-up like Nate Bump, who has pitched well the last couple years but has been nearly forgotten. I still would like to see him brought up, and prefer him over Wayne because of his injury.