8/31 - Marlins at Mets

Admin

4 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Well, Brinson batting 9th. So not postponing this one, I would imagine.. 

They did that on purpose. It's a potentially delayed protest based how the lineup looks against deGrom. Marlins will send up the first 8 hitters, if they get enough hits and look like they can score some runs then they'll continue to play. But if they send up 8 and deGrom has struck out 5 or 6 guys then Brinson will be instructed to start the protest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, SilverBullet said:

They did that on purpose. It's a potentially delayed protest based how the lineup looks against deGrom. Marlins will send up the first 8 hitters, if they get enough hits and look like they can score some runs then they'll continue to play. But if they send up 8 and deGrom has struck out 5 or 6 guys then Brinson will be instructed to start the protest. 

Hahahahaha. Actually laughing out loud right now! 😂

• Like 1

Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

20 year olds these days thinking they're gonna fool us with this garbage like we haven't been dodging, Avon, Mary Kay and Amway since the flood of '86

Just wait until that one guy you haven't seen since freshman year of high school tells you about this "new thing" called ForEx and tries to recruit you to IML.

(This happened to me.)

Just now, Michael said:

Just wait until that one guy you haven't seen since freshman year of high school tells you about this "new thing" called ForEx and tries to recruit you to IML.

(This happened to me.)

We may have the same group of friends cause literally the same shit just happened to me lol 

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

20 year olds these days thinking they're gonna fool us with this garbage like we haven't been dodging Avon, Mary Kay and Amway since the flood of '86

I have vague memories of my mom hosting a Tupperware selling party. Anyone else? Do these product selling parties still happen today?

Just now, SilverBullet said:

I have vague memories of my mom hosting a Tupperware selling party. Anyone else? Do these product selling parties still happen today?

lmao yeah that's definitely a carryover from its peak in the late 70's early 80's. The most interesting one i'm seeing these days are "passion parties" where a rep from a sex toy company (Like Hustler Hollywood for example) gets a bunch of people today to see all the happenings in the toy industry and everyone buys what they like. Basically a scholastic book fair for sexually-devoid marriages.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, marlinsmaniac said:

No Hialeah High but maybe he did lol He went to elementary and middle with me at Twin Lakes and Palm springs

Fantastic! lol.

Entirely possible. Sometimes his "group" still tries to reach out to me for whatever reason.

[For what it's worth, ForEx can be pretty profitable, but I'm not learning about it through a damn MLM company who has people that can't even answer the basic shit you ask.]

• Haha 1