NL Postseason Games

rmc523

16 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Hanley's problem was himself, Acuna's problem is more about how he interacts with others, so yes the Nyjer Morgan example is valid. Acuna may be a better player than Hanley though so he should have a better career over time though. Also plays for a team more marketable than the Marlins so he'll be hyped and promoted even more. Actually a more successful team too so he will make more playoff appearances as well. Yea the signs sure do point to Acuna surpassing Hanley. 

I'd argue Acuna's problem is also with himself since he fancies himself as the best player on the planet that nobody can seem to get out unless they bean him (which, I mean, still doesn't get him out either so he's batting 1.000 essentially right?)  Hanley kinda let the hype get into his head too which ultimately led to him being a lazy piece of shit that relied solely on talent instead of combining effort with that talent and in the end, what started as a HOF career fizzled out to garbage. 

Everyone is different but I do see some parallels between the two for sure. 

If Acuna was on the Marlins i'd HOPE that i'd feel the same way about him that I do now which is largely "STFU". I was almost rooting for Hanley to fail towards the end of his career with the fish too just because he was just such a lazy pos overall.  Oh well. 

36 minutes ago, hovertical said:

Hanley kinda let the hype get into his head too which ultimately led to him being a lazy piece of shit that relied solely on talent instead of combining effort with that talent and in the end, what started as a HOF career fizzled out to garbage. 

Imagine if Hanley had actually tried.