Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NL Postseason Games

Featured Replies

  • Author
11 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

I have never wanted a team to lose as badly as I do the Braves. Especially after tonight.

Same.  And I've had enough of the Dodgers winning, but I want them to win this series.

 

I honestly haven't watched any postseason games after we got eliminated.

Kershaw scratched for tonight. The Braves sure seem like they are catching every break this postseason so far. 

This crap again? We still playing this game?

Here's Anthony Castrovince of MLB.com talking about the Braves and he says this...

Quote

In the NL Division Series, they breezed past a Marlins club whose mere presence in the postseason was due to their success in the seven-inning doubleheaders necessitated by their own COVID-19 outbreak.

Marlins played 12 doubleheader games, they went 8 and 4, so four games over .500 in the doubeheaders.

Didn't realize the Marlins only made the playoffs because of the 4 extra wins the doubleheaders gave them, didn't realize the doubleheader games counted differently than the other games, didn't realize the Marlins were so terrible if you remove the doubleheaders.

MLB.com should know better.

1 hour ago, AeroFishOne said:

Are the Braves really this good or just the luckiest team ever

A little of both probably. Tough game tonight. I thought the Dodgers were gonna pull off the comeback. 

11 hours ago, AeroFishOne said:

Are the Braves really this good or just the luckiest team ever

You pretty much need both talent and luck to win the World Series, especially to be on a run like this so yeah definitely both.

Kinda crazy how the World Series is shaping up. I think a Dodgers WS appearance was almost unanimously expected and from that a rematch with the Astros was lining up beautifully so that the Dodgers could finally reach their elusive goal with an avenging victory over those cheating Astros... but holy cow the Braves and Rays have just about completely flipped the script and what looks to be coming might be more interesting than expected for us Marlins fans. I think plenty of us have a share of respect, maybe some envy, to the Rays and when you combine that with a pretty common hatred for the Braves, we might have a lot to root for around here if this WS is the matchup it's looking like it's gonna be.

Not gonna lie, I was really ready for the Dodgers over Astros redemption story though.

6 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Kinda crazy how the World Series is shaping up. I think a Dodgers WS appearance was almost unanimously expected and from that a rematch with the Astros was lining up beautifully so that the Dodgers could finally reach their elusive goal with an avenging victory over those cheating Astros... but holy cow the Braves and Rays have just about completely flipped the script and what looks to be coming might be more interesting than expected for us Marlins fans. I think plenty of us have a share of respect, maybe some envy, to the Rays and when you combine that with a pretty common hatred for the Braves, we might have a lot to root for around here if this WS is the matchup it's looking like it's gonna be.

Not gonna lie, I was really ready for the Dodgers over Astros redemption story though.

Don’t count the Dodgers out just yet. 

Dodgers have been my unofficial second favorite team I think since Juan Encarnacion was traded there after ‘03. 

While I haven’t followed them super closely over the years, I have followed from a distance every season, maybe watching a game or two if I can.

But I have to say, I’ve never been a biggest Dodgers fan in my life than I am tonight!

 

Let’s go Dodgers!

 

😂

Braves have woken up the sleeping giant in the Dodgers offense. As bad as the Braves rotation is after the top, I feel like momentum is on the Dodgers side and they will win the next 2. Would not be surprised if this went 7m but I think the dodgers pull it off.

After saying "they have to hit me, because they don't get me out," dear little Ronnie went 4-31 with 11 K and 0 HBP. I guess they can get you out, eh?

2 hours ago, Michael said:

After saying "they have to hit me, because they don't get me out," dear little Ronnie went 4-31 with 11 K and 0 HBP. I guess they can get you out, eh?

This will never get the attention it deserves because that moron is suddenly another golden yet rotten goose for MLB.

2 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

This will never get the attention it deserves because that moron is suddenly another golden yet rotten goose for MLB.

Naturally. "Let the kids play and bitch!"

7 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Because is anyone actually surprised?

October choking and the Braves, it goes together like oreos and milk.

It was the battle of the chokers to me with The Dodgers and the Braves.

42 minutes ago, AeroFishOne said:

It was the battle of the chokers to me with The Dodgers and the Braves.

Dodgers choke in the World Series, though.

10 hours ago, Michael said:

After saying "they have to hit me, because they don't get me out," dear little Ronnie went 4-31 with 11 K and 0 HBP. I guess they can get you out, eh?

anyone else think he'll end up being another Hanley?  I kinda get that vibe from him

2 minutes ago, hovertical said:

anyone else think he'll end up being another Hanley?  I kinda get that vibe from him

I said recently he reminds me of Nyjer Morgan. Obviously a more talented version, but I mean personality wise. It is all about him and he'll go crazy for no reason.

1 minute ago, SonOfJack said:

I said recently he reminds me of Nyjer Morgan. Obviously a more talented version, but I mean personality wise. It is all about him and he'll go crazy for no reason.

so maybe a hybrid between the two former players?

zillion dollar talent + 10 cent head

Hanley's problem was himself, Acuna's problem is more about how he interacts with others, so yes the Nyjer Morgan example is valid. Acuna may be a better player than Hanley though so he should have a better career over time though. Also plays for a team more marketable than the Marlins so he'll be hyped and promoted even more. Actually a more successful team too so he will make more playoff appearances as well. Yea the signs sure do point to Acuna surpassing Hanley. 

7 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

Hanley's problem was himself, Acuna's problem is more about how he interacts with others, so yes the Nyjer Morgan example is valid. Acuna may be a better player than Hanley though so he should have a better career over time though. Also plays for a team more marketable than the Marlins so he'll be hyped and promoted even more. Actually a more successful team too so he will make more playoff appearances as well. Yea the signs sure do point to Acuna surpassing Hanley. 

I guess it's time to re-sign Ureña ...

(For any Braves fan who somehow shows up here, I'm joking.)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.