Jump to content

Recommended Posts


12 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

@Michael So Ng didn’t end up pulling a brad Pitt or acquiring a bat either. Just a 25 year old with half a season of double A experience Who doesn’t strike anyone out lol

And with no 2020 season, who knows what he did to progress.

Rays farmhand though so I trust the pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

There is rarely a pick in the Rule V draft that looks great on the day it happens. Some just end up being great picks in the end. A team would protect a guy if he was a sure thing normally after all.

Yeah I agree to some degree, but the Campbell one doesn’t really makes sense to me on paper. But obviously the dudes in the front office who know more than me and have actually seen the guy must know something that intrigues them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Yeah I agree to some degree, but the Campbell one doesn’t really makes sense to me on paper. But obviously the dudes in the front office who know more than me and have actually seen the guy must know something that intrigues them. 

They tried to get him before the Rays set him off of the roster and left him open for a Rule 5 pick. Could have gotten a lower level prospect for him and the Rays said "nah," and now we got him for free (or $100K I think, whatever Rule 5 requires).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

They tried to get him before the Rays set him off of the roster and left him open for a Rule 5 pick. Could have gotten a lower level prospect for him and the Rays said "nah," and now we got him for free (or $100K I think, whatever Rule 5 requires).

Yeah in that regard that was actually pretty shrewd of the team. I just don’t get the interest in the first place 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

23 year old at Advanced A ball... low average, occasional power at 2B... dunno about this one, unless they see another Uggla somehow

Even Uggla hit for a decent average in the minors. This dude is a strikeout machine lol

But surprisingly the OPS numbers aren’t abysmal, so there’s a little bit of value there. Especially if their plan is to groom him as a righty platoon with Jazz or Isan since he does slightly better against lefties. Also, he’s only played rookie ball and some A ball, maybe the hit tool develops 

Edited by marlinsmaniac
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilverBullet said:

Umm, excuse me, sir, our GM is not a dude.

god damn it lol

Now it’s like one year that I was coaching little league and I picked a girl in the tryouts. After each talk I’d say “let’s get ‘em boys” (or something to that effect) which was always followed by the girl correcting me with “and girl” lol

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

god damn it lol

Now it’s like one year that I was coaching little league and I picked a girl in the tryouts. After each talk I’d say “let’s get ‘em boys” (or something to that effect) which was always followed by the girl correcting me with “and girl” lol

And how did that team do? Y'all win a 'chip?!?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Michael said:

And how did that team do? Y'all win a 'chip?!?!

Nah we were terrible lol

I came into a new league so the other teams had all their players frozen and they threw all the tryout rejects on me. I’m a good coach, but I can only do so much lol good news is my current set of kids has been to the championship two years in a row (no hardware yet though)

PS: by kids I mean team, I don’t have kids of my own lol I started coaching my nephew in 6U and have kept up with him since (he’s in 10U now) 

 

Edited by marlinsmaniac
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Nah we were terrible lol

I came into a new league so the other teams had all their players frozen and they threw all the tryout rejects on me. I’m a good coach, but I can only do so much lol good news is my current set of kids has been to the championship two years in a row (no hardware yet though)

Ah, you're pulling a Dodgers then. Congrats on your title in the next season!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...