Early 2021 Draft Talk

FishFan95

I wanted to post this bit about Jack Leiter, but figured that we could start the talk about draft picks early as well. Who you guys got as your favorite potential draft picks? Mine is Adrian
Del Castillo from Miami, but I doubt he drops to us at 16.

Edited by FishFan95

• FishFan95 changed the title to Early 2021 Draft Talk

I think we need to take the top catcher available. We have a shitload of position players and pitchers, but other than Will Banfield we’re pretty light at catcher. Jack Leiter looks interesting but last I kept up with him, control was an issue. He might have put it together since I last saw him, but not sure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marlinsmaniac said:

I think we need to take the top catcher available. We have a shitload of position players and pitchers, but other than Will Banfield we’re pretty light at catcher. Jack Leiter looks interesting but last I kept up with him, control was an issue. He might have put it together since I last saw him, but not sure

IDK if Leiter has any potential whatsoever to be a big leaguer. Last I read, he can't (be) hit!

Leiter is the sixth ranked player, doubt he falls to 16, if you're looking at catchers Del Castillo will probably be gone too, but there are a couple of HS catchers ranked 18 & 19  (Mack and Ford)  that if they wanted should be available. If last year's draft proves anything they probably won't hesitate to draft a pitcher  

25 minutes ago, fanofthefish said:

Leiter is the sixth ranked player, doubt he falls to 16, if you're looking at catchers Del Castillo will probably be gone too, but there are a couple of HS catchers ranked 18 & 19  (Mack and Ford)  that if they wanted should be available. If last year's draft proves anything they probably won't hesitate to draft a pitcher  

Leiter's going either 1:1 or 1:2, let's be real here.

10 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Yeah. That would be Adrian Del Castillo if he doesn't get taken. Latest I have seen him picked in a mock was 15th. We get 16th pick so likely he won't be available, but it wouldn't be the biggest draft surprise ever. And I'm not saying it would happen again, but the last time the Marlins took a catcher out of the University of Miami in the first round, it worked out pretty damn well.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.