Sixto to be optioned to ATS

SonOfJack

• SonOfJack changed the title to Sixto to be optioned to ATS

The Mets home opener series looks like the first big one. With this manipulation, we could see the 3-4-1 starters against their 2-3-4. Although considering their depth and the injury to Carasco, I would not be surprised that they screw us again with a manipulation of their own and go with 2-3-1 to force a Sandy vs deGrom. But their first few games don't give them as much flexibility so we shall see. With Rogers at 3 it would look like this:

Rogers vs Stroman
Elieser vs Walker
Sandy vs Peterson / deGrom

6 minutes ago, FishFan95 said:

The Mets home opener series looks like the first big one. With this manipulation, we could see the 3-4-1 starters against their 2-3-4. Although considering their depth and the injury to Carasco, I would not be surprised that they screw us again with a manipulation of their own and go with 2-3-1 to force a Sandy vs deGrom. But their first few games don't give them as much flexibility so we shall see. With Rogers at 3 it would look like this:

Rogers vs Stroman
Elieser vs Walker
Sandy vs Peterson / deGrom

The Mets are LH heavy in that lineup.  Rogers vs Stroman would work 

The main thing is make sure he is 100% ready. Him arriving late do to visa issues along with other issues definitely slowed his spring training. It’s a long season and Donnie is playing it smart which I don’t blame him. When Sixto is ready it’s going to be fireworks. 

Edited by mikeb18768
  • Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.