Garrett added to roster, Poteet to AAA

Garrett was called up yesterday because he was a fresh arm and they needed one after the game the previous day. Doesn't reflect on Poteet at all, except that his was the easiest roster spot to swap out yesterday.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Garrett was called up yesterday because he was a fresh arm and they needed one after the game the previous day. Doesn't reflect on Poteet at all, except that his was the easiest roster spot to swap out yesterday.

That's my thinking, too. 

13 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

True but this also means Poteet can't make the next start unless he's an injury replacement so I sure hope they have a plan for Tuesday. 

13 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

True but this also means Poteet can't make the next start unless he's an injury replacement so I sure hope they have a plan for Tuesday. 

I think this is why Brinson was used as a pinch runner on Sunday. In order to add Poteet back, they've got to IL Brinson, but if they backdate it to before Poteet being optioned, I don't think they can use it to un-option Poteet. It's a bit of clever roster management, though it does mean they've had to use pitchers as pinch hitters while their bench is short.

4 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I think this is why Brinson was used as a pinch runner on Sunday. In order to add Poteet back, they've got to IL Brinson, but if they backdate it to before Poteet being optioned, I don't think they can use it to un-option Poteet. It's a bit of clever roster management, though it does mean they've had to use pitchers as pinch hitters while their bench is short.

If Poteet was optioned Saturday, and Brinson pinch ran Sunday, I don't think you can backdate it to before the option, as Brinson appeared in a game since then.

Regardless, though, if Brinson is still having hand issues, they should still be able to put him on the IL, they just would have to start it today because of the appearance.

At least I think that's how it works.

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

If Poteet was optioned Saturday, and Brinson pinch ran Sunday, I don't think you can backdate it to before the option, as Brinson appeared in a game since then.

Regardless, though, if Brinson is still having hand issues, they should still be able to put him on the IL, they just would have to start it today because of the appearance.

At least I think that's how it works.

I think you might have misunderstood me. They don't want to backdate to before Poteet was optioned. They had to get Brinson into the game after Poteet was optioned so that they could add Braxton for Saturday then immediately call Poteet back up for Tuesday.

At least that's how I'm reading it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.