Jump to content


MLB The Show 22


SonOfJack
 Share

Recommended Posts


21 hours ago, Michael said:

H8 u ❤️

Believe it or not, 100% of the people I sold to were adults who were THRILLED to pay 2x because their kid wanted it and couldn't get it. 

All these nerds hanging out on the Discords channels crying about scalpers LIVE to get these consoles and there's a market of working adults who want to please their kids that just can't get it without scalpers.

I was actually a hero. Like Robin Hood.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Entendu said:

Believe it or not, 100% of the people I sold to were adults who were THRILLED to pay 2x because their kid wanted it and couldn't get it. 

All these nerds hanging out on the Discords channels crying about scalpers LIVE to get these consoles and there's a market of working adults who want to please their kids that just can't get it without scalpers.

I was actually a hero. Like Robin Hood.

Robbed from the poor to sell to the poor?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hovertical said:

Robbed from the poor to sell to the poor?

Bought something legally and helped normal people obtain something that normal people should be able to procure for their children, to the detriment of man-children

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Entendu said:

Bought something legally and helped normal people obtain something that normal people should be able to procure for their children, to the detriment of man-children

But you charged the people trying to get it to their children twice the price. There's a reason scalping is called scalping and not "being helpful"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hovertical said:

But you charged the people trying to get it to their children twice the price. There's a reason scalping is called scalping and not "being helpful"

It's a service. I dedicated my time to finding these, and fending off the masses. Not trying to be helpful, but trying to create value for myself and others. 

I didn't force anyone to pay this price. Their alternative was to deal with the PS5 queue, Walmart glitches, Target 2AM drops, etc. That's obviously worth something. To some people, it's $500-600 per unit.

And let's be honest, a 50 year old woman who wants to get it for her kid on Christmas doesn't stand a chance against the Discord channels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Entendu said:

It's a service. I dedicated my time to finding these, and fending off the masses. Not trying to be helpful, but trying to create value for myself and others. 

I didn't force anyone to pay this price. Their alternative was to deal with the PS5 queue, Walmart glitches, Target 2AM drops, etc. That's obviously worth something. To some people, it's $500-600 per unit.

And let's be honest, a 50 year old woman who wants to get it for her kid on Christmas doesn't stand a chance against the Discord channels.

You can scalp if you want to hustle for money just own up to it dude. You didn't do anythign different than other scalpers charging exorbitant prices though. You were certainly not a "hero" for charging twice the MSRP as you like to proclaim yourself. I'd you had only upcharged by $50 or so I'd give you props then but not $500 a pop. Again, really don't care if you do your hustle for some extra money just don't be putting on airs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, hovertical said:

You can scalp if you want to hustle for money just own up to it dude. You didn't do anythign different than other scalpers charging exorbitant prices though. You were certainly not a "hero" for charging twice the MSRP as you like to proclaim yourself. I'd you had only upcharged by $50 or so I'd give you props then but not $500 a pop. Again, really don't care if you do your hustle for some extra money just don't be putting on airs.

Lol the hero comment was a joke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

The bigger issue is why is it still so difficult for a regular person to find a ps5 without having to jump through hoops.

Is it really still that bad? I got out because I knew that eventually someone would mug me. I wonder if I should've stayed in. It was pretty damn easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Entendu said:

Is it really still that bad? I got out because I knew that eventually someone would mug me. I wonder if I should've stayed in. It was pretty damn easy.

Yeah people are still having trouble getting them.

 

In part because of scalpers sadly.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a reason Sony can't sell them like on a waiting list situation? Like even if I have to wait months I'll pay for the system in full in advance and I'll get on a waiting list and Sony just sends it to me whenever "mine" is done. I'm sure they'd sell a ton this way and at least people will be certain one is coming to them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Is there a reason Sony can't sell them like on a waiting list situation? Like even if I have to wait months I'll pay for the system in full in advance and I'll get on a waiting list and Sony just sends it to me whenever "mine" is done. I'm sure they'd sell a ton this way and at least people will be certain one is coming to them. 

I've been wondering why this isn't happening, honestly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Michael said:

Yeah people are still having trouble getting them.

 

In part because of scalpers sadly.

I don't understand how it's so difficult to get these. I have to chalk it up to a bad Internet connection or lack of determination.

My success rate was probably around 30%, but you had enough drops in a week that you could get one in one to two weeks max. I also only ever got one from a spontaneous drop (Amazon, right after a planned Walmart drop where I also scored one). The rest were all drops that had been advertised for a few days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...