April 2, 20251 yr I hate getaway days. We finally get the game on TV in Orlando and I'll have to miss at least the first half because of work.
April 2, 20251 yr Oh here I thought the game started at 4:10. I won't miss as much as I expected, sweet(Mets win 14-1)
April 2, 20251 yr I thought it started at 1:40 not 4:40, but then I'm in a different time zone.FWIW, I bet on the Mets today but will be ecstatic if I lose the bet.
April 2, 20251 yr Mets are starting Hayden Senger at catcher today. He's one of the few major leaguer I had never heard of and had to look up. Was a 24th round pick in 2018. Might be some kind of trivia question answer since they don't have that many rounds any more.Also hopefully no one heckles him and says "Hey Senger" and Kodai Senga gets offended. Remember the "hey dinger" drama.
April 2, 20251 yr Author 4 minutes ago, TheMarlinsProject said:I thought it started at 1:40 not 4:40, but then I'm in a different time zone.FWIW, I bet on the Mets today but will be ecstatic if I lose the bet.Really odd start time
April 2, 20251 yr FanDuel graphic had the starter as Cole Gillispie. Former Marlin farmhand and outfielder who had been out of the league for years. Even they are disrespecting Connor. Although, hmm, is he avalable?
April 2, 20251 yr Author 2 minutes ago, TheMarlinsProject said:FanDuel graphic had the starter as Cole Gillispie. Former Marlin farmhand and outfielder who had been out of the league for years. Even they are disrespecting Connor. Although, hmm, is he avalable?Makes me wonder, are they related?
April 2, 20251 yr Author 1 minute ago, mrchainsaw said:I've been impressed as hell with Stowers so far
April 2, 20251 yr 3 minutes ago, Admin said:Makes me wonder, are they related?No. Different spellings. Connor Gillispie-current Marlins. Cole Gillespie-former Marlin.Oh and just to muddy the waters there is a Conor Giilaspie who played for CHW,SFG, and LAA.Yeesh,
April 2, 20251 yr Author 1 minute ago, TheMarlinsProject said:No. Different spellings. Connor Gillispie-current Marlins. Cole Gillespie-former Marlin.Oh and just to muddy the waters there is a Conor Giilaspie who played for CHW,SFG, and LAA.Yeesh,Well damn thanks for the info
April 2, 20251 yr 4 minutes ago, mrchainsaw said:I've been impressed as hell with Stowers so farPretty much anyone PollytheMush says is terrible turns it around and looks like an All-Star.Yesterday, he said Jacksonville couldn't hit and they put up double digits that night.Get in here Mushman and tell us how bad Gillispie is please!
April 2, 20251 yr BTW no one in the Marlin lineup today is over 27 years old. The oldest guys on the roster are 30.We are very young in the AAA lineup as well.Bendix said we were going to go young. This is a good thing although there will be some growing pains.
April 2, 20251 yr Gillespie doesn't have a lot of obvious talent, but he's crafty and fierce out there.
April 2, 20251 yr 1 minute ago, TheMarlinsProject said:Nice 5 innings from Gillispie. Could not ask for anything more. Standing O.Well, yeah. 2 more innings. LOL
April 2, 20251 yr 2 minutes ago, TheMarlinsProject said:Yes of course he is done. This is only his second career start. This isn't 1975.Well, that's just stupid. He's pitching great. Let him pitch. They're going to burn out the pen at this rate.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.