Link to Pics of proposed stadium layout

The layout looks like it's more geared to be a baseball facility than a football one.

Looks great to me, and it may be distorted, but it looks like a pitchers park.

In the end, I see us ending up in the OB, just because we have nowhere else to go.

i like those pictures

it really does look like they want a nice baseball stadium

but i dont know whats goin on with the obowl picture

well, this could happen, and i want it to get done in miami

this is a better idea than ft lauderdale stadium

Palm Beach Post has pretty much the same article plus a reaction from David Samson:

"It's certainly worth pursuing, we're looking at a lot of different things. We're open to anything that makes sense". Later on he adds, "At the end of the day , I'm hopeful the city and county will be open to a roof."

I think we should take the deal but when we get to the playoffs let the whole stadium available because how are we gonna have a stadium of 35,000 in 65,000.

only for the playoffs.

Also it is better than nothing.

Also fan support has to be really high so get enough money for the roof.

I am shocked at this design. I was under the impression that the Marlins and the Canes would be sharing the OB - much like the Marlins and Losers share JRS. But, there is a problem of letting the Canes play on our baseball field at the start of the season...

I like this design, but it looks a little strange architecturally. Seems like siamese twins. Anything that keeps the Marlins in town is fine with me though - but I would like an option to upgrade to a roof later on.

I am shocked at this design. I was under the impression that the Marlins and the Canes would be sharing the OB - much like the Marlins and Losers share JRS. But, there is a problem of letting the Canes play on our baseball field at the start of the season...

I like this design, but it looks a little strange architecturally. Seems like siamese twins. Anything that keeps the Marlins in town is fine with me though - but I would like an option to upgrade to a roof later on.

I believe that already part of proposed deal.

It's has no roof, it doesn't have enough seats nor enough parking. The location is unworkable, the site is too small and you can kiss off Broward and PBC fans.

The Marlins go from being a tenant in one building to tenants in another. And because it's being built by the city it will cost 35% more than it has to.

This project is DOA.

It's has no roof, it doesn't have enough seats nor enough parking. The location is unworkable, the site is too small and you can kiss off Broward and PBC fans.

The Marlins go from being a tenant in one building to tenants in another. And because it's being built by the city it will cost 35% more than it has to.

This project is DOA.

35,000 - 40,000 is not enough?

It sounds like the perfect amount of seating for Baseball..

38,000 will be perfect in my opinion.It has no roof?The stadium will be roof ready for future considerations.Whatare you expecting?The city building a 500 million dollar stadium by the bay just because the team won World Series?Disregarding how bad the City is financially.The Marlins are only putting 10 mil up front and "137" million is future revenue.You shouldn't be complaining and this proposed deal is actually good for both side.

This project is DOA.

You are being overly negative with this. How many fans do the Canes draw to their games? I too am skeptical at Dade County's ability to support the Marlins, but with virtually nothing in site on the horizon from either Broward or PBC, this is the best deal now. I think it could work - sure parking is hell. It is already hell with the Canes fan base. But this is in the heart of the old city, and getting there is going to have to be improved but over time has a good shot of working. I think you are being overly critical and havent given any reasons why this is 'DOA'.

And by the way, here is what I found on the Floridamarlins.com article:

While the proposal does not include a retractable roof, the design would be such where a roof could be included later.

So yes, there is an option to 'upgrade' later on. That is good enough for me at this point, and I think working the angle to get a roof built on would take some competition (from the other counties/private companies, etc) or more private money brought into this project.

Guest Juanky

It's has no roof, it doesn't have enough seats nor enough parking.

It could have more seats than originally planned, and the roof will be added on later.

The location is unworkable, the site is too small and you can kiss off Broward and PBC fans.

Well first off, if they are real fans they'll come down anyways. And they had their chance with the stadium closer to them than it was to us. They didn't show support, so now they'll have to be the ones making the long trip.

The Marlins go from being a tenant in one building to tenants in another

We are getting our own stadium. It is just going to be connected to the Orange Bowl. How is that being someone else's tennant?

And because it's being built by the city it will cost 35% more than it has to.

link?

Guest Juanky

I think it could work - sure parking is hell.

The metrorail being expanded to the area will help that significantly. I see this firsthand everytime I go to the Arena. The Metrorail helps to get more fans there, especially since they will pay less and not worry about having to wait in the stadium lot for half an hour after just to get out.

This project is DOA.

38,000 will be perfect in my opinion.It has no roof?The stadium will be roof ready for future considerations.Whatare you expecting?The city building a 500 million dollar stadium by the bay just because the team won World Series?Disregarding how bad the City is financially.The Marlins are only putting 10 mil up front and "137" million is future revenue.You shouldn't be complaining and this proposed deal is actually good for both side.

The stadium maxes out at 35,000, 10% smaller than the Marlins say they need in a facility that they would control and not have to share revenue from parking, concessions, etc. with anyone. Since the Marlins will remain a tenant, meaning they will have to share those revenue streams and lose out on other revenue sources completely. That is unless you think the neighbors who will gladly park cars in their yards will be willing to kick back 70% to the Fish (lol).

I'm not looking for a waterfront property I don't know where you got that from my post.

And then there's the roof, the key to season ticket sales. Being "roof-ready" is a joke, the single greatest cost in building a new stadium is the roof structure, not to mention the two years it would take to construct (meaning nowhere to play during that period).

I stick by what I said, this project, as offered by the city is DOA.

I'm not impressed really. This isn't a plan that is going to make the Marlins financially viable, and that is the goal. The location is poor and the proposal doesn't have a roof. Besides all that the design is hoaky looking.

If this stadium is the only option, then the Marlins would be better off having the County Commission help work out a deal to put a roof on PPL in exchange for a guaranteed better lease arrangement. The roof would benefit the Dolphins as well as the Marlins, plus make PPL more attractive for other off-season events.

I'm not impressed really. This isn't a plan that is going to make the Marlins financially viable, and that is the goal. The location is poor and the proposal doesn't have a roof. Besides all that the design is hoaky looking.

If this stadium is the only option, then the Marlins would be better off having the County Commission help work out a deal to put a roof on PPL in exchange for a guaranteed better lease arrangement. The roof would benefit the Dolphins as well as the Marlins, plus make PPL more attractive for other off-season events.

Huh?Now that doesn't make sense.

Chicago: Here is how many people get to Wrigley. They drive to the El train, park, and then take the train to Wrigley. Nobody takes their car because there is no parking at Wrigley and it is in a crowded area in Chicago.

They are expanding the train to this area right? People love when they can take a train to a game. Saves them in parking and time.

This project is DOA.

The stadium maxes out at 35,000, 10% smaller than the Marlins say they need in a facility that they would control and not have to share revenue from parking, concessions, etc. with anyone. Since the Marlins will remain a tenant, meaning they will have to share those revenue streams and lose out on other revenue sources completely. That is unless you think the neighbors who will gladly park cars in their yards will be willing to kick back 70% to the Fish (lol).

I'm not looking for a waterfront property I don't know where you got that from my post.

And then there's the roof, the key to season ticket sales. Being "roof-ready" is a joke, the single greatest cost in building a new stadium is the roof structure, not to mention the two years it would take to construct (meaning nowhere to play during that period).

I stick by what I said, this project, as offered by the city is DOA. I don't think Marlins will be sharing revenue wit hthe Canes.I'm sure the revenue made by the Marlins is for Marlins and vice versa.If indeed they wil sahre revenue then I don't see how UM will go along with this deal since they're the one who will be losing revenue.

Guest Juanky

They are expanding the train to this area right? People love when they can take a train to a game. Saves them in parking and time.

Train, Rail, close enough.