June 20Jun 20 I tend to get overexcited and it is way early but holy crap we have a guy that looks like a combo of junior caminero and oneil Cruz down in the Dominican. His name is santiago solarte and he is seventeen and an absolute monster. 110 velos at seventeen, good eye, and nice plate approach.It will take a while but this may be the guy we have been looking to find for years.And if I'm wrong forget I ever said this.
July 20Jul 20 Author Solarte has grown an inch since we signed him. He is 6-6 215 at 17 years old.Currently batting .302, 5 hrs, 28 rbis, 32 sb, and .927 ops in his first year in the dsl.Projected out to 550 at bats, that is .302, 25 hrs, 140 rbis, and 160 steals.The steals are wildly exaggerated in the dsl but that is a nice first season of pro ball.
July 20Jul 20 Our Franchise player if Griffin Conine, Baby Marlin. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Marlin.
August 9Aug 9 On 6/19/2026 at 5:28 PM, TheMarlinsProject said:I tend to get overexcited and it is way early but holy crap we have a guy that looks like a combo of junior caminero and oneil Cruz down in the Dominican. His name is santiago solarte and he is seventeen and an absolute monster. 110 velos at seventeen, good eye, and nice plate approach.It will take a while but this may be the guy we have been looking to find for years.And if I'm wrong forget I ever said this.as a fat dude, let me say this...an elephant never forgets
August 9Aug 9 Author Here's a snippet from an old article. There is about a week left in the Dominican season I think. Hopefully he will be stateside next year.Take just one look at Santiago Solarte, the 6-foot-5 shortstop that headlined the Marlins’ 2026 international class, and you can see where the power potential comes from. Still just 17 years old, the native of Estado Merida, Venezuela, has begun to put it on display during game action as his pro career gets underway.Solarte slugged his second homer of the year as part of a wild comeback for the DSL Marlins on Friday afternoon, who went deep four times in extra innings to topple the DSL Mets, 10-8. The Marlins’ No. 12 prospect also added an RBI double earlier in the contest, giving him 13 RBIs across his first 13 games.An evaluator who saw Solarte for multiple years during his time as an amateur in his native Venezuela told MLB Pipeline last year that he believed there was no question that if the left-handed-hitting shortstop was eligible for the MLB Draft, he’d be a first-round pick based on his upside alone.
August 11Aug 11 Author Solarte with a grand slam today. 10th of year. Stole two bases as well. OPS back over 1.022. DSL season ends this week I think.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.