interracial relationships

Guest marlins02

i dont really have a problem with it. I don't see myself getting into one. I don't really find people of other races to be attractive (for the most part), except maybe hispanic girls...and not as much as white girls. Does that make me racist? No. It's just who I find attractive...just like I like brunettes better than blondes...for the most part.

Anyway, I don't see a problem with it, and it might cause the kid some problems through his younger years, but people mature I guess. I actually am friends with 1 guy and 1 girl (not related) who have one 1 parent, and one black parent. Both really cool people, and I see no evidence of them getting made fun of (although, we ARE in college).

My homecoming date was a black girl last year (school year).

Guest marlins02

i ask because i hear people say nothing but negative stuff about this topic and i find myself always being attracted to women who are not from my ethnic background and are darker than me whether theyre black, asian, indian etc. and i was just wondering what people here thought

i ask because i hear people say nothing but negative stuff about this topic and i find myself always being attracted to women who are not from my ethnic background and are darker than me whether theyre black, asian, indian etc. and i was just wondering what people here thought

I'm just like that. I hate tan white girls, they look so "unnatural." I like all non-blonde super-white girls, though of course I'm not opposed to any color of hair or skin entirely. I have blonde hair and super white skin, so I just don't want a female version of myself.

Honestly, I think some black, asians, and indian girls are so incredibly hot. I really have a thing for them. Now I'm sounding juvenile.

So to answer the following questions:

has anyone been in one?

I dated a jamaican (sp) girl a couple times, but it is a funny story on how it didn't work out.

would you get involved in one?

hell yes.

does anyone have a problem with them and if so why?

Obviously no, but people are entitled to their tastes. But the idea of interethnic relationships is fine. And they always seem to make better looking children too, super children in fact.

personally, i have no problem with getting into an interracial relationship, although i don't think i'd marry out of race.

i'm attracted to all sorts of girls... white, hispanic, mediterranean, indian, oriental, persian, arab, etc, though i'm usually not attracted to black girls. there are exceptions, of course, but i'm less attracted to black girls in general.

that said, race wouldn't factor into my decision to get into a relationship with someone. race, religion, and cultural background would, however, be important when i consider marriage and having a family. that's partly out of concern for my current family and partly out of concern for my future family.

I think the whole marriage thing is about wanting to marry someone with things in common with you. Like if married a girl who was into religion and wanted me to respect that, then she would have to watch saturday afternoon baseball or something. People can't have everything in common, one has to learn to live with it. A big thing is though when you have kids. I wouldn't want my kids brainwashed into religion, but there are worse things out there. As long they can be taught to keep an open mind, I wouldn't care if my wife would choose to bring them or me to holy observances. It is when people pretend that gospel is 100% true is what bothers me.

To sum it up, i can see how ethnic differences can bring up problems when it comes to making a family. But I see it is is more of a social than ethnic thing.

The people who believe the gospels or any other religion are 100% true are definetely not pretending they really do believe this. And they have the right to.

Another idiot who doesn't understand their own religion.

When one believes entirely out of faith, they concede to the point that there belief is most likely not true, but they choose to hold it anyway. That is what faith is all about. God damn, your priests should be teaching you this.

not to be a dick guys, but I think we should stop refering to different ethnicities as different "races". We're all human, we're not different races in it's most literal sense. We do have different ethnicities though.

Latinos are very diverse, because of their long history of so many different things; mestizaje, slavery, european immigration, pigmentocracy, and ect. In argentina for example, the littoral region (?) with buenos aires is very european, while the interior regions are far more native american and mestizo.

I kissed a chinese girl after a party once, not much of a "relationship" but as long as we are being honest.

not to be a dick guys, but I think we should stop refering to different ethnicities as different "races".? We're all human, we're not different races in it's most literal sense.? We do have different ethnicities though.

The noun "race" has 6 senses in WordNet.

1. race -- (any competition; "the race for the presidency")

2. race -- (people who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock; "some biologists doubt that there are important genetic differences between races of human beings")

3. race -- (a contest of speed; "the race is to the swift")

4. slipstream, airstream, race, backwash, wash -- (the flow of air that is driven backwards by an aircraft propeller)

5. subspecies, race -- ((biology) a taxonomic group that is a division of a species; usually arises as a consequence of geographical isolation within a species)

6. raceway, race -- (a canal for a current of water)

The noun "ethnicity" has 1 sense in WordNet.

1. ethnicity -- (an ethnic quality or affiliation resulting from racial or cultural ties; "ethnicity has a strong influence on community status relations")

"race" sounds pretty valid to me. most of us using the word aren't referring to definition #5.

there are some genetic differences between races. whites are genetically different than blacks

anyways, the example from the dictionary itself says the genetic differences aren't huge:

2. race -- (people who are believed to belong to the same genetic stock; "some biologists doubt that there are important genetic differences between races of human beings")

in any case, there's nothing wrong with the word "race" since we're not referring to definition #5.

Guest marlins02

im not talking about race or ethnicity in scientific terms for why someone might have a problem with interracial relationships or just not get involved in one, im asking more in terms of social standards because we all know thats what makes people question interracial relationships

im not talking about race or ethnicity in scientific terms for why someone might have a problem with interracial relationships or just not get involved in one, im asking more in terms of social standards because we all know thats what makes people question interracial relationships

i know 02pac :thumbup

what's up?

got a case of jungle fever right now?