interracial relationships

Guest marlins02

The people who believe the gospels or any other religion are 100% true are definetely not pretending they really do believe this. And they have the right to.

Youre taking it out of context man. God told the isrealites not to intermarry with the pagans that opposed God in those days. This statement wasnt made so ignorant people can have a "bliblical" reason to discriminate. Honestly man.

Das... Hispanic is not a race, it is a culture...

Try saying that to someone outside of Miami, and watch them laugh in your face. Hispanic is a race in this country. Nobody considers brown-skinned Mexicans to be white, nor are they considered to be black. Therefore, they are hispanic. Even many hispanics didn't check "white" or "black" on the Census, when they changed it to Hispanic as a cultural group instead of a racial group. They checked "other" and then said they were hispanic.

youre white?

damn, with a name like isi / isabel, i woulda thought for sure you had some latina in ya.

Yupp, I'm a 100% blue eyed blonde haired german lol

But yeah I know my name is spanish but I spell it different cuz I spell it with 2 L's. If you hear my middle name, you woulda thought I was black! :lol well that's what everyone else says. is that you, sheniqua????

:o

*shields miggysladi from 02pac*

Das... Hispanic is not a race, it is a culture...

Try saying that to someone outside of Miami, and watch them laugh in your face. Hispanic is a race in this country. Nobody considers brown-skinned Mexicans to be white, nor are they considered to be black. Therefore, they are hispanic. Even many hispanics didn't check "white" or "black" on the Census, when they changed it to Hispanic as a cultural group instead of a racial group. They checked "other" and then said they were hispanic. Maybe that happens where you live... The people I am with, the ones I talk with know that Hispanic is a culture, not a race. Not all mexicans are "brown skinned". There are countries in South America (like Argentina) where the population is white in great percentage... There is no such a thing as a Hispanic race, as there is no such a thing as race, only skin color. If you would want to lump me into a category, then yes, I am hispanic, but that is not related to the color of my skin, for my skin is white. True...

I'm Colombian but most people assume I'm White American because of my looks.

Maybe that happens where you live... The people I am with, the ones I talk with know that Hispanic is a culture, not a race. Not all mexicans are "brown skinned". There are countries in South America (like Argentina) where the population is white in great percentage... There is no such a thing as a Hispanic race, as there is no such a thing as race, only skin color. If you would want to lump me into a category, then yes, I am hispanic, but that is not related to the color of my skin, for my skin is white.

Well, where I live and where I've lived is pretty much all over the United States, and as far as the U.S. populace at large is concerned Hispanic is a race. In fact, if you have a Spanish surname, 8 out of 10 people will assume you're Mexican and couldn't tell you the difference between a Mexican, a Colombian, a Cuban, or an Argentinian. To many in America, you're all Mexican. That's just the truth.

The only place you'll hear this argument about whether Hispanic is a race or not is in Miami-Dade county. That's it. The fact is, whether you're brown, beige, or if you're white and have a Spanish surname or speak with a Spanish accent, you're going to be treated differently which makes you a seperate category. It doesn't matter whether you think race or ethnicity is the appropriate category, the fact is that what just about everyone calls it in the U.S. is race, so you might as well live with it.

I'm Italian and I sure as hell don't look it!

Italians aren't considered another race, though. They're just a different ethnicity of White people. By and large, an Italian surname isn't going to cause you any undue discrimination. Nobody is going to throw a resume in the trash because an Italian surname is on it.

Italians are not all white either. In fact, if you are not old enough to know, Italians used to be the "unwanted" aliens in this country and they were treated pretty much in the same way you are treating the Latins right now... One day all this will change I hope.

This is true. Italians are typically darker skinned, but because we're socially "white" for about 20-25 years, we have become white. Before that, Italians were really looked down upon. If you want a good piece of italian racism today, rent summer of sam from spike lee.

It doesn't matter whether you think race or ethnicity is the appropriate category, the fact is that what just about everyone calls it in the U.S. is race, so you might as well live with it.

No hon, I don't have to live with what you think of me. As a matter of fact, I think you are pretty racist. I will not stand for it and until I or for that matter the rest of us who are called "mexicans", "wet backs" get the respect we deserve, I will not shut up about it... So live with it.

How dare you tell me I am suppose to take your racist BS???

Italians are not all white either. In fact, if you are not old enough to know, Italians used to be the "unwanted" aliens in this country and they were treated pretty much in the same way you are treating the Latins right now... One day all this will change I hope.

I don't know where the hell you get off calling me racist. I didn't once call you anything you accuse me of calling you. I'm telling you my experience with the general U.S. populace (and their attitudes) having spent most of my life living outside of Miami and in many different areas of the US. Apparently, judging by your reaction, you are familiar with what I speak of.

I know very well that Italians used to suffer a lot of discrimination, but that was 80 years ago. Even then, though, Italians were never considered a different race. There was never an "Italian" check box on racial surveys.

So how are all hispanics look like Mexicans?Not even all Mexicans look like your typical mexican.

Go back and re-read, I never said that. I never read any of your post and I assume that what you said.Basicly the idea I got from reading other people reactions to your post.

My bad...

It doesn't matter whether you think race or ethnicity is the appropriate category, the fact is that what just about everyone calls it in the U.S. is race, so you might as well live with it.

No hon, I don't have to live with what you think of me. As a matter of fact, I think you are pretty racist. I will not stand for it and until I or for that matter the rest of us who are called "mexicans", "wet backs" get the respect we deserve, I will not shut up about it... So live with it.

I don't know where the hell you get off calling me racist. I didn't once call you anything you accuse me of calling you. I'm telling you my experience with the general U.S. populace (and their attitudes) having spent most of my life living outside of Miami and in many different areas of the US. Apparently, judging by your reaction, you are familiar with what I speak of.

I know very well that Italians used to suffer a lot of discrimination, but that was 80 years ago. Even then, though, Italians were never considered a different race. There was never an "Italian" check box on racial surveys. Dude, Italians were full blown greaseballs 25 years ago. People still think we all have mob connections. Whenever I talk about a successful italian people immediately think he's connected.

You tell em, Lina!!

By the way, a PERFECT example of a dark-skinned Italian, is Roberto Luongo from the Florida Panthers. Even though he was born in Canada, it's Italian blood running through that man's veins.

It's just that it really angers me that there is people who actually think this way. It is pretty ignorant to think that all Spanish-speaking people are Mexicans and that we all look the same, short, "brown-skinned" and pudgy.

I have never been insulted or called a "wet back" but I have seen others being treated this way and it really bothers me. That is why I won't accept the use of the word "hispanic" as a racial term, because it only leads to it being used in a racist way...

I agree with you, but all I'm saying is that's the hand that's been dealt. A lot of people in this country couldn't tell you the difference between an American black, a Jamaican, a Haitian, or a Dominican unless they started speaking (and even then I've heard plenty of Haitians that sound like Jamaicans), but for all intents and purposes they're all considered "black" in this country even though one of them is a Hispanic.

I used to date a Vietnamese woman who had the same complaints when people would constantly either 1. call her Chinese or 2. ask her if she was Chinese or Japanese. She wouldn't have argued, though, that Asian wasn't a race. Her only complaint was that Asian and Pacific Islander are lumped together in a racial category even though they look nothing alike.

Dude, Italians were full blown greaseballs 25 years ago. People still think we all have mob connections. Whenever I talk about a successful italian people immediately think he's connected.

Oh, please. Italians and Irish had nothing on Blacks and Hispanics in terms of discrimination. Sure, there are plenty of stupid Italian stereotypes, just like there are plenty of stupid Irish stereotypes, and plenty of dumb Polack jokes, but they were all still recognized as being white.