Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DTrainSTA

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DTrainSTA

  1. Dude got himself out of one there
  2. Just claimed Christian Pache
  3. Maybe, but he is cheap and it’s not changing, so we would have just let him walk in two years and got nothing in return. He likely would have kept being a decent player with star potential, and then broke out on his next team. So we either trade him while he has some value now and get some guys who could end up being under team control for six year, or we keep him and he hits .240-.260 with 18 home runs and 25-30 stolen bases for two years, signs with the Yankees/Dodgers/Phillies and is suddenly a star and we don’t have the three guys we got. Best case is having a new owner who will actually extend folks and pay guys to come here but it’s just not reality.
  4. I’m not really sure what’s so hard to understand about this. Jazz didn’t become a new player overnight, he had every chance to produce like this here and didn’t. He didn’t develop into the ultimate version of his talent in 24 hours on a new team. Wether he wasn’t playing that hard for Miami or he no longer has the pressure to be The Guy with Judge and Soto there, but either way the situation wasn’t changing in Miami while he was here so we needed to trade him. I’m happy for him and glad he is doing well in New York, I’m rooting for him, but it was clear he would never do this here. It honestly would have been malpractice for Bendix to hold on to him two more seasons, and then lose him for nothing while this same thing happened.
  5. Looks like the Padres #2, 4, 5, and 24 prospects. That’s awesome.
  6. Yeah unfortunately I’m thinking that too. They do have a ton of prospect capital to use though, but maybe someone like Seattle might put a really good package together. I just hope we get at least one bonafide, top tier prospect, and it would be awesome if it’s a catcher.
  7. I’ve been wanting Basallo from Baltimore and I will stick with that. We should get at least one top 100 prospect I’d imagine.
  8. I thought Baltimore might give us a good prospect for Scott, I never imagined such a return for Rogers. Wow!
  9. Good lord, what an awesome trade!
  10. Yeah I get that, I just hate the Mets more than just about any team out there. But yeah if offers are equal I would go elsewhere, if they are the best offer take it for sure.
  11. Would love if it wasn’t the Mets, unless they blow away the other offers. But excited to get this day moving.
  12. Agreed, this season isn’t going anywhere anyway, get what you can for who you can and see if we have any diamonds in the rough for the rest of the season. Worst case scenario our chances for the number 1 pick in the draft goes up.
  13. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/07/marlins-could-trade-multiple-relievers.html Apparently we are shopping Scott, Cronin, Brazoban, Nardi, Faucher, Bender, Rogers, and De La Cruz. A lot of Jumbo Shrimp are about to get their shot at the majors.
  14. Sounds like DLC might get traded too, so might be a reality soon.
  15. Agreed, as fun as last year was this was never gonna be a great team unless we had a ownership willing to pay big time guys and make big trades. So time to have fun following the developments of young guys again and seeing what we can get for the guys we do have. There’s no one so awesome on this roster that they should be untouchable, so burn it down. At least these guys we are trading for will be here for years cheap so we may get a few fun years from some of these guys before they are gone.
  16. I like the return, seems like a pretty fair trade. Now let’s move Scott, Jazz, Bell, and DLC and get our farm system into the top 15!
  17. Depends, have I failed miserably at crucial aspects of my job and those are the responsibilities being taken away from me? I may not stick around due to my success at other aspects giving me options but I would certainly understand the organization wanting to fix the areas I was severely deficient in.
  18. Bob Nightengale https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/04/marlins-reportedly-void-2025-club-option-on-skip-schumaker.html
  19. We also have to hire people for scouting and development and really structure how those parts of the organization will even look under Bendix. There’s a ton of stuff to get in place while evaluating the market and the moves we may make with trades or free agencies. The plan was to completely restructure those parts of the organization even if Ng came back. Since she chose not to, it’s gonna take even longer. So we likely aren’t gonna be the quickest out of the gates with moves this offseason.
  20. So is there any news regarding who we might be interested in for the POBO role? I saw Bloom and Mejdal mentioned on here but I haven’t seen anything in the way of rumors for interviews or even interest.
  21. Candelario to the Cubs per Rosenthal
  22. I get that but Castellanos is considered pretty horrific as a defender from what I’ve read and a lot of folks want him. Seems like either is gonna be mediocre to bad defensively but an offensive upgrade. Just seems like Schwarber won’t be as cost prohibitive and will provide more power.
  23. Really, really want Schwarber, hope they can get it done.
  24. Schwarber or Suzuki was the route I was hoping they would go. Seems like Schwarber is actually pretty versatile and would kill it at DH so I would still love to sign him. Can’t play CF but would bring offense.
  25. After reading more about this kid I would love it if we go this direction. Seems like he could be a stud.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.